I float manana

slow motion

Well I dropped boat in and beached it. Grabbed cast net. Caught 1 tiny pin. Walked to boat. Crap left the plug out. Wade around back to put in plug and lost a croc in mud. Dug around while bilge is pumping out. No shoe. Pin is swimming in boat. Boat is pumped out but pin is nowhere to be seen. That's gonna smell. Headed out 1 shoe and no pins. 20240522_073004.jpg

slow motion

Long line release on yours bat. No idea what. Still got the bait though.

MudDucker

Staff member
@Batjack your rod us baited up with a pigfish. In my experience big trout love a pigfish. View attachment 1307229

I can't tell you how many gator trout I've caught just south of New Smyrna beach on dem pig fish!

Sounds like your day went about like mine this morning, with the exception that I was getting ready for work, not fishing. Hope it improves for both of us!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Dale.
Is that you across the water? Inside near the lighthouse... I can't tell.
Look for the bayboat with the black hull white liner...
I'm catching catfish as fast as I can unhook them.

And a plater!

slow motion

I can't tell you how many gator trout I've caught just south of New Smyrna beach on dem pig fish!

Sounds like your day went about like mine this morning, with the exception that I was getting ready for work, not fishing. Hope it improves for both of us!
It's always good out here. About sank boat. Lost a shoe. 1 mishap away from a slow motion slam. Flats are mostly empty except for the 1 that drove past my drift 50 yards and anchored up. Then start staring at me. No problem. Dropped tm and moved over a little. 2nd one pulled up.and got me again. :rolleyes: :rofl:Not another boat in sight. Gotta love it.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Dale.

And a plater!

slow motion

Bite died off so good time to eat lunch. Drifting with a couple pins out. Always get hoop cheese on the way down in Columbus. There were out this trip. Maybe wife can pick some up when she comes down. Had to make a sandwich today.20240522_115519.jpg

slow motion

Dale.

And a plater!
West flats brother

slow motion

Another swing and a miss for bat. Sure was fun to watch him chase it around the float

slow motion

Sailcat grabbed a pin and wrapped up in the other line. Now e twisted braid from one reel inside the spool on second reel.

slow motion

Dale.

And a plater!
If bite doesn't pick back up I may run inside and do some bar hopping. If I see you I'll stop by.

flatsmaster

We got some gators for sure in the Indian River and pigs are real good on trout and snook but croakers are next level trout crack they just got to have it

Good luck Dale I hope you load the cooler

slow motion

We got some gators for sure in the Indian River and pigs are real good on trout and snook but croakers are next level trout crack they just got to have it

Good luck Dale I hope you load the cooler
Still waiting to hear how you did on the bonefish.