I found my arrows!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Not eastons or gold tips etc…, but Mossy Oaks from Victory! These are the .350spines I was getting at Walmart, but they never have them anymore. I found them on eBay listed by an archery shop in Suwanee. Apparently, he got them instead of Walmart!The guy called me today cause I told him not to put inserts in, I’ll put my 100grain inserts in. Anywho, after talking to him, these are factory direct from Victory, and are the same ones. He says they are +/-.001 straightness, but I’m not sure about that. What I do know is these are some Awesome standard sized arrows that I have picked up off the gravel and could not believe they didn’t break! They fly great and I’ll be loaded with them within a few weeks, bet on it! I’m having him cut them to 29.5” included. A dozen arrows for $94ish ttl. They were $8 each at Walmart so price is similar.
Anywho, Thought I’d share something I’d highly recommend for anyone looking for a great quality affordable arrow. I’m seldom missing from inside 35, but I’m wanting to get comfortable at 40 and I will sling them from 60, just for fun! I don’t cry when I miss and break an arrow but I do try to remove the inserts! These things have a slick almost waxed finish and are tough too! Pretty sure they have 2” blazer veins with a slight helical.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

Pruitt1

If I go back to a standard arrow the victory will be the first I try. Read alot of good things on them.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
There's a archery shop in Suwanee?? Where?
I looked back at my eBay and phone records, I talked to Russell at American Archery. 678 714 1651 eBay said arrows shipped from Suwanee GA, but the phone number says Buford. I don’t have address.

Now as far as the arrows go, I recently bounced 2 arrows around the base of my target and picked them up off the gravel. The mossy oak‘s field tip was scuffed real good, but no visible shaft damage. The Bloodsport hunter extreme broke in two places…….was in 3 pieces!

Then I stuck one through the wheel on my trailer hoist…….I wollered it out and again, no damage! I have seen this scenario so many times, I am truly convinced that These bad boys are tough!

ddd-shooter

I looked back at my eBay and phone records, I talked to Russell at American Archery. 678 714 1651 eBay said arrows shipped from Suwanee GA, but the phone number says Buford. I don’t have address.

Now as far as the arrows go, I recently bounced 2 arrows around the base of my target and picked them up off the gravel. The mossy oak‘s field tip was scuffed real good, but no visible shaft damage. The Bloodsport hunter extreme broke in two places…….was in 3 pieces!

Then I stuck one through the wheel on my trailer hoist…….I wollered it out and again, no damage! I have seen this scenario so many times, I am truly convinced that These bad boys are tough!
Make sure you flex them after such shots to make sure there are no hair line fractures in your arrows.
An arrow explosion will send carbon everywhere, especially your hands.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Never thought of using a boat for a back stop.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Make sure you flex them after such shots to make sure there are no hair line fractures in your arrows.
An arrow explosion will send carbon everywhere, especially your hands.
I bend them and listen to them too, but definite thanks for the heads up!
I missed my target just to the right when I punched through that wheel and it was a pain getting it out! I’m like, you HAVE TO get it out!
I find I’m not sure of my favorite angle using the thumb release. I must be changing it cause sometimes it just locks into place, other times not so much. I’ve shot left and right without adjusting Anything I’m aware of. When I make a real good pull, I can tell and I hit bullseyes.….and it seems easier if that makes sense.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I bend them and listen to them too, but definite thanks for the heads up!
I missed my target just to the right when I punched through that wheel and it was a pain getting it out! I’m like, you HAVE TO get it out!
I find I’m not sure of my favorite angle using the thumb release. I must be changing it cause sometimes it just locks into place, other times not so much. I’ve shot left and right without adjusting Anything I’m aware of. When I make a real good pull, I can tell and I hit bullseyes.….and it seems easier if that makes sense.
Take this for what it's worth, free, unsolicited advice from an old archer.

Quit concentrating so much on your equipment and concentrate on your form.
Draw - Anchor - Release!!!

The same way every time.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Take this for what it's worth, free, unsolicited advice from an old archer.

Quit concentrating so much on your equipment and concentrate on your form.
Draw - Anchor - Release!!!

The same way every time.
I am, I promise! This thread is just me bragging on a standard size arrow I really like! BTW- I’m all about some free unsolicited advise from an old archer!:rockon:
That said, after watching Gillingham shooting a thumb release palm down versus out to the side, it kind of opened my eyes.……..and confused me too! I saw him shoot an arrow and had to back up the video when I noticed he had a thumb release, held similar to a wrist release. A Levi Morgan video explained what happens with different angles and how it was affecting him. I had similar results with left and right hits when I changed the angle.
I am trying to find the best anchor point using a thumb release and it’s my main focus…..that and my routine. Sometimes it just locks into place. I’ve gotten a lot better at bringing the string to my face vs putting my face against my string, but Have to remind myself sometime. Regardless, every time i draw my bow, I have a purpose in mind.

ddd-shooter

I am, I promise! This thread is just me bragging on a standard size arrow I really like! BTW- I’m all about some free unsolicited advise from an old archer!:rockon:
That said, after watching Gillingham shooting a thumb release palm down versus out to the side, it kind of opened my eyes.……..and confused me too! I saw him shoot an arrow and had to back up the video when I noticed he had a thumb release, held similar to a wrist release. A Levi Morgan video explained what happens with different angles and how it was affecting him. I had similar results with left and right hits when I changed the angle.
I am trying to find the best anchor point using a thumb release and it’s my main focus…..that and my routine. Sometimes it just locks into place. I’ve gotten a lot better at bringing the string to my face vs putting my face against my string, but Have to remind myself sometime. Regardless, every time i draw my bow, I have a purpose in mind.
The thing I learned from Gillingham is that everyone approaches archery differently. He’s definitely his own bird doing things his own way.