I love the ATL

Oldstick

There are good reasons why they halt races in the rain and also they don't put on headlights and continue the race after dark. Let alone dark and raining.

I'm on record as one of those that would rather be hog tied than to have to drive up here. But a man gaa do whaa man gaa doooo so I have had to make numerous trips in and out to the Emory Hospital on Peachtree the last several weeks. And camped up here homeless pretty much all this week instead of risking the criminally dangerous percentage of drivers in all this weather. Not talking about anyone on here, of course.

OK, rant over I feel a little better now.:cry:

Last edited:

baddave

know whatcha mean . i'm one of the few that actually pay attention while i'm driving .people just sit there playing on their phone when the light changes . forget what we've been waiting for all this time . people call themselves drivers and can't turn on their light s when it's raining.. it wouldn't do for me to be a cop. i do have a class a cdl but still ( i didn't buy it either )i have always thought we should have to have more training to drive . we got democrats learning from other democrats that don't know how to drive themselves .Rant over here too (maybe)

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Real racers race in the rain and the dark. Just sayin'...

Although, I agree with you about ATL traffic.

night.pngnight2.pngrain.pngrain3.png

westcobbdog

Stick I agree, its mostly a nightmare moving around the 17 County metro area. If someone wants to see property say over towards Madison i am praying for a mid day appt! Glad you survived this cake mix.

Reactions: srb

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
know whatcha mean . i'm one of the few that actually pay attention while i'm driving .people just sit there playing on their phone when the light changes . forget what we've been waiting for all this time . people call themselves drivers and can't turn on their light s when it's raining.. it wouldn't do for me to be a cop. i do have a class a cdl but still ( i didn't buy it either )i have always thought we should have to have more training to drive . we got democrats learning from other democrats that don't know how to drive themselves .Rant over here too (maybe)
Lights on when raining? It gets dark on my drive home everyday for the most part. I see them every evening driving in the dark without headlights. :banginghe

natureman

Haven't gone to ATL since the Trashers left. Hockey at the Gwinnett Arena is so much better. No traffic concerns, no panhandlers and a friendly staff.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I live and work on the east side of Atlanta. Can't remember the last time I was ITP

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I haven't seen Atlanta (except from the top of Lost Mountain) since the mid 90's. I gotta pass through 4 counties to get there, and that's still too close.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I don't go there unless I absolutely have to. ATL has some outstanding hospitals and we are very fortunate to have them so close. :rockon:

PappyHoel

There were 4 accidents in 400 southbound at 5:45am this morning. I had people ziping by me at 85 miles an hour, cutting inbetween me and the car ahead when there wasn’t enough space to do so.

I just imagine them crashing head on into the divider and I feel better.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
We could use everyone's prayers as well. We are going through something no parents ever should. It's supposed to happen to the 61 year old man that smoked and drank forever. Not the 30 year old healthy and athletic daughter.
I'm sorry. ::;::;::;::;

Matt.M

We could use everyone's prayers as well. We are going through something no parents ever should. It's supposed to happen to the 61 year old man that smoked and drank forever. Not the 30 year old healthy and athletic daughter.

Very sorry to hear that. Prayers headed ya'll way.

She's strong and has a great chance of beating this. Youth and determination go a long way.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
::;'s for ya'll.

baddave

Stick I agree, its mostly a nightmare moving around the 17 County metro area. If someone wants to see property say over towards Madison i am praying for a mid day appt! Glad you survived this cake mix.
you ride around in madison area you'll be glad to get back to metro area . THEY are undoubtedly the worst drivers anywhere

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about your daughter, and certainly hope things take a turn for the better soon!

As for ATL, I have never been inside the beltway in 52 years so far, and I don't figure I'm missing a thing. Just driving through the outskirts on the way to somewhere else is an exercise in frustration and misery.

Latest posts