If you need a little help hearing the TV

TJay

My hearing has slowly gotten worse over the years and it had gotten to the point that it was getting to be a challenge to hear dialogue on the TV especially movies and sports broadcasts. I was missing a lot even with the volume up. So when the sub woofer to our sound bar went out we went looking for something that would make hearing what came out of the TV a little easier. We went to BestBuy and the sales guy there was telling us about sound bar's with a separate center channel dedicated strictly for dialogue. Most of the brands out there offer them and we went home with a Samsung Atmos. Man what a difference! Granted I'm a little behind the curve on technology and this probably isn't news to a lot of you but if your hearing is getting bad turn the TV down and go down to your local electronics store and check them out!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My hearing has slowly gotten worse over the years and it had gotten to the point that it was getting to be a challenge to hear dialogue on the TV especially movies and sports broadcasts. I was missing a lot even with the volume up. So when the sub woofer to our sound bar went out we went looking for something that would make hearing what came out of the TV a little easier. We went to BestBuy and the sales guy there was telling us about sound bar's with a separate center channel dedicated strictly for dialogue. Most of the brands out there offer them and we went home with a Samsung Atmos. Man what a difference! Granted I'm a little behind the curve on technology and this probably isn't news to a lot of you but if your hearing is getting bad turn the TV down and go down to your local electronics store and check them out!
Thanks for let'n us know.. now I know what to get 90yo "Daisey" for Christmas so the neighbors will quit fuss'n about the noise (nearest one is 1/2 mile away).

Havana Dude

Appreciate the advice, but not much worth hearing these days. I’ll just live in my little world.