I'm happy that a fox squirrel showed up again finally

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
4 years ago I saw 2 of the red and gray color fox squirrels on the back of my 15 acres but haven't seen them since. Today I was sitting on the screen porch and a black headed gray body fella showed up. He came hopping straight up the hill and went into the pines on the east side of the property before I could grab my phone and get a picture. I'm just happy to see another one on the property and hope he brings friends!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I haven't seen one in at least 5 years. Last one I saw was around the house about 5 years or so ago, when he too came hopping through my yard. Never saw any around my house before, or the neighborhood. And I haven't seen a fox squirrel in my deer woods in a very long time, and I use to see them often. I guess they're all about killed out down my way. Plenty of yard-destroying gray squirrels around the house, though.

RatherB

BANNED
I have one single fox squirrel. Grey body black head. Been hanging around same spot for about a year now. Hoping a mate will come along one day and they will start a family. just like the quail on my place, I get excited when I see them. And hope their population increases some day.

oldfella1962

I recall seeing more on the Marine Base in Albany than most other places. All colors too. They even had a black and white one that looked like a skunk.

I've seen quite a few black & white ones here at Fort Gordon. I would say probably about half the fox squirrels I see now that I think about it.

Redbow

I haven't seen a Fox Squirrel in years there should be some in the Croatan National Forest but I have never seen one as much as I have been in there. I saw one up in Johnston County a few years back beside the road, first one I ever saw there in my many years of growing up in that county and hunting in many places all around that county many times. The Great Pee Dee Swamp down in SC had lots of them decades ago.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
They like @ the rivers and fields here.

pjciii

Boy they dont take any intimidation from other squirrels. I have not seen any around my property.

walukabuck

Use to see a bunch on a local golf course. They were so use to people feeding them they'd just about jump in the cart with you. I'm sure they're still there, the course closed and has returned to nature

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
...before I could grab my phone and get a picture.

We need a "Random cell phone picture you couldn't take" thread.

Happened to me yesterday. A hummingbird flew up to me while I was on the porch. Hovered about 2' from my face for a few seconds. First hummingbird I've seen on that property. Couldn't get a pic.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
We need a "Random cell phone picture you couldn't take" thread.

Happened to me yesterday. A hummingbird flew up to me while I was on the porch. Hovered about 2' from my face for a few seconds. First hummingbird I've seen on that property. Couldn't get a pic.
Amen to that! I can't count the times I've grabbed my phone trying to switch over to the camera and what I was wanting to take a picture of took off. I've been watching for that squirrel all week now and haven't seen him again but I know he's around. Hope he doesn't meet the hawk that lives on the front of the property.

Dub

I work with a dude we call Fox Squirrel on account of his bushy burry grey hair and being too cheap to go to a barber shop.

Dude is sporting a homemade haircut that looks like he has a grayed out hedgehog atop his skull.

You‘d figure he’d wear a hat, but naw….he won’t tame that doo.

He also has a very short fuse and is always losing it….over silly stuff.

Big and loud drama always follows ole Fox Squirrel.

Too intense to ever have fun. We got him drunk on a golf trip. Threw his clubs around all day. That night we took him to a strip club….got madder‘n fire there, too.

Who gets mad at a strip club ???

Ole Fox Squirrel.