Indiana Lady Bowhunter Back-to-Back Booners, 170" & 180", 2015 & 2016 - Sept 2017

BornToHuntAndFish

Indiana Lady Bowhunter Back-to-Back Booners, 170" & 180", 2015 & 2016 - Sept 2017

What great back to back deer seasons she had.:bounce:

Wonder if she will continue her Booner streak this bow season.

Booner Bow Buck #1, Goliath: Nov. 7, 2015 - Net 170- ��₈ inches

Booner Bow Buck #2, Infinity: Nov. 8, 2016 - Net 180-7�₈ inches

http://www.outdoorlife.com/deer-of-the-year-2017-back-to-back-booner-bucks

Deer of the Year 2017: Back-to-Back Booner Bucks

An Indiana bowhunter arrows two monster Indiana whitetails

September 5, 2017

In 2015 . . .

. . . on the afternoon of November 7.

. . . there stood a giant buck 30 yards . . .

I waited for him to walk into my sights, grunted him to a stop, and let my arrow fly. I hit my mark.

. . . He went about 60 yards.

He was a massive 13-point that I had never seen before that day. When my mom saw him, she named him Goliath. He was a Boone and Crockett buck with 198 ³â�„₈ total inches and a net score of 170 â�´â�„₈.

1-deer-of-year-jody-marsteller-davies-bucks.jpg

trail camera photo late last September. He was now a five-year-old and had put on even more inches

2016-4.jpg

November 8 was a rainy day . . .

That morning I saw two 3-year-old bucks . . .

. . . starting to get close to dark, and I hadn’t seen any action.

. . . When I looked up, Infinity was standing there facing me at about 40 yards.

. . . changed directions and started walking off. I looked for an opening. I ranged the distance—it was 24 yards.

. . . I settled my pin on his chest and let my arrow fly.

. . . decided to wait until morning to look for him just to be safe. . . . it didn’t take long to find him.

He grosses 187 3/8 and nets 180 7/8. I guess that makes two bucks in one lifetime.

infinity_4.jpg

:cool:

Wondering if anyone has a good recipe for antlers? If its legal and doesnt have spots, in the freezer it goes, a nice tenderloin goes down way better than gnawing on an antler....just sayin' no antler envy here

Jim Boyd

There is no recipe for antlers but HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of bucks get mounted each year - so there is a heck of an attraction, whether you have antler envy or not, sir.

To kill two bucks of that magnitude and I mean no disrespect by this - by a female archer - is nothing short of AMAZING!!!!

Great, great accomplishment regardless of circumstance.

Thanks for posting !!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Wondering if anyone has a good recipe for antlers? If its legal and doesnt have spots, in the freezer it goes, a nice tenderloin goes down way better than gnawing on an antler....just sayin' no antler envy here

Just the fact that you felt the need to post this makes me wonder

Great bucks for the lady bow hunter!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

LOL yeah right. :rolleyes:

Jim Boyd

Yes, I think Indiana opened up rifle hunting in 2015 or 2016.

I might be wrong about this but I think it is still a "one buck and done" state, though - regardless of how you harvest him.

I know this - Illinois archery opens on 1 October and the first three day shotgun season is the weekend before Thanksgiving - so there is about 45 +/- days of archery before the first shotgun season - yet there are more bucks killed during the 3 day shotgun season than there were for the entire archery season that preceded that.

This shows you how effective a firearm is when it comes to harvesting a deer.

I think the forecast for Indiana remains bright,however.

I also notice that Wooly Bugger has a avatar that includes a buck with big antlers.... hmmmm - makes you wonder?

Best of luck to all!

lampern

I think restricting rifles goes a long ways towards allowing deer to get older.

Now back on topic......

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide

Your avatar says different--- you need a spike in it instead:whip: Great work by the lady hunter!!!

rwh

I think restricting rifles goes a long ways towards allowing deer to get older.

Now back on topic......

i think not having an itchy trigger finger does. if they took away firearms season in georgia we'd be overrun with deer in the southern zone in two seasons. the big bucks would never step out to be killed. last year sitting in one stand on 40 acres i could have filled my tags before thanksgiving then spent the rest of the season taking pictures and making videos.
georgia will never grow the same quality bucks as indiana or any of those midwestern states. you'll see a freak or two every year but what's a trophy down here gets a pass up there on a regular basis.

jimmyb

i think not having an itchy trigger finger does. if they took away firearms season in georgia we'd be overrun with deer in the southern zone in two seasons. the big bucks would never step out to be killed. last year sitting in one stand on 40 acres i could have filled my tags before thanksgiving then spent the rest of the season taking pictures and making videos.
georgia will never grow the same quality bucks as indiana or any of those midwestern states. you'll see a freak or two every year but what's a trophy down here gets a pass up there on a regular basis.

Well I guess all those metro deer are growing big racks. Many areas of Georgia are shot out. Big bucks can grow if they don't get shot at 1.5- 3.5

hambone76

Two deer of a lifetime right there. Best of all, there's a lot of meat on a buck that big.

six

Wow!

cam88

I'll be headed to Indiana come November. It's a sleeper state for big deer but word is out now.