Interesting post on the Book of Faces

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Were I one of his parishioners I would be concerned. To a degree some of what he is saying is valid, but to a larger degree this "human condition" within Christianity exist because pastors are teaching only 3 levels of Christianity in their dark concert environment halls, never offering the next level of maturity or service to anything outside of their church walls propagating mature Christians and fostering a desire to serve.

There is something deeply disturbing about this man's words. Something very narcissistic about his attitude.

HW rant.png

welderguy

1 Corinthians 11:19
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

ryanh487

That's the problem. People mistake the pastoral gift of leadership and teaching with a position of authority. Even Paul did not claim authority over the churches he started. Christ alone has authority over the church, the pastor's job is to lead the parishioners to christ by example and teaching, and bring them together as a team, not issuing his own commands and requirements. Christ is the coach, pastor is just the quarterback.

Cold

Not sure what he's disturbed / upset about, but I would need more information to understand the full context and meaning of his "pastoral utterance".

He lost me in sentence 3 on "obey the preacher...".

COLD