Iron bowl

Whitefeather

Management Material
I've played and done a little refereeing at pee wee. Nope, it isn't easy.

The only time I really get on the refs is when I see that they are looking a play that is obvious and make not call or visa versa. For instance, in the GT game, a ref was staring at our DB and all our DB did was rub his hand over the GT receivers helmet. No grab of facemask or helmet, no usual head movement from a facemask and out comes a flag for facemask.

Last week, a defender grabbed Brock's facemask right in front of ref, Brock's head whips around, but not call.

I'm sorry, but that is sux referring and I'll call it out everytime I see it.
So you understand how hard it is to ref. Did you ever miss a call in any game? Or did you call every single foul?

Look it’s like this…. You root for a team that has won 29 games in a row, they are defending back to back National Champions, and are the odds on favorites to win it again this year. How has bad officiating affected your team? Instead of complaining about all the missed calls from your point of view, why not just sit back and enjoy the most dominating college football program possibly ever. This is a historic run in Athens and it’s a whole lot sweeter than crying about the officials, because these moments may never come around again.

You root for a team of winners. Period. Act like it.

Do you know who cries or complains about officiating??
Losers.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I know of 3 opponents Tennessee played this year where not one had a live ball penalty. I think Florida only had one. If what you say is true how is that possible. No need to reply just ask yourself.
See post #121

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So you understand how hard it is to ref. Did you ever miss a call in any game? Or did you call every single foul?

Look it’s like this…. You root for a team that has won 29 games in a row, they are defending back to back National Champions, and are the odds on favorites to win it again this year. How has bad officiating affected your team? Instead of complaining about all the missed calls from your point of view, why not just sit back and enjoy the most dominating college football program possibly ever. This is a historic run in Athens and it’s a whole lot sweeter than crying about the officials, because these moments may never come around again.

Losers.
One day the bammers may have as many nattys as Harvard and Yale.

Maybe.

BamaGeorgialine

One day the bammers may have as many nattys as Harvard and Yale.

Maybe.
You gotta let it go man. You'll feel better. At least you've made a new friend. You and Accubond have a lot in common I'd bet. You both hate Bama. You both love teams that suck. You both had a meltdown Saturday. And you both can have another one again next year the Saturday after Thanksgiving

MudDucker

Staff member

Losers.

I called the fowls I saw, regardless of the team.

If you had a little deeper understanding of the game, it wouldn't matter if the team won or loss if the refs did a bad job. When you see a ref screw up a game on bad or missed calls, it needs to be called out.

I enjoy football just fine, but I watch the game intently both for the plays and the refs. I root for my DAWGS, win or lose!

Whitefeather

Management Material
I called the fowls I saw, regardless of the team.

If you had a little deeper understanding of the game, it wouldn't matter if the team won or loss if the refs did a bad job. When you see a ref screw up a game on bad or missed calls, it needs to be called out.

I enjoy football just fine, but I watch the game intently both for the plays and the refs. I root for my DAWGS, win or lose!
What about the fouls you didn’t see???

See your issue is you think because you saw it then the refs saw it too. Missed calls are part of the game. You should know this being a former referee.

I understand the game better than most.

And yes you pull for the Dawgs, everyone on here knows that, but how has bad officials cost your team in the last 3 years??????

It’s weak to watch a game and blame the outcome on a referee.

MudDucker

Staff member
What about the fouls you didn’t see???

See your issue is you think because you saw it then the refs saw it too. Missed calls are part of the game. You should know this being a former referee.

I understand the game better than most.

And yes you pull for the Dawgs, everyone on here knows that, but how has bad officials cost your team in the last 3 years??????

It’s weak to watch a game and blame the outcome on a referee.

Well, if I didn't see them and they don't appear at replay, then I don't worry about them.

No, my problem is that I am looking at the screen and I see a ref looking right at problem that should have been called and was ignored or incorrectly not thought to be a problem.

I explained above, I don't care who the bad call is against. Especially the safety calls such as facemask and hits out of bounds and that danged moving target called targeting.

It is weak to assume that I blame outcome on referee, because I don't.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Well, if I didn't see them and they don't appear at replay, then I don't worry about them.

No, my problem is that I am looking at the screen and I see a ref looking right at problem that should have been called and was ignored or incorrectly not thought to be a problem.

I explained above, I don't care who the bad call is against. Especially the safety calls such as facemask and hits out of bounds and that danged moving target called targeting.

It is weak to assume that I blame outcome on referee, because I don't.
ok

Dawgs by 14

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Instead of complaining about all the missed calls from your point of view, why not just sit back and enjoy the most dominating college football program possibly ever.

Well, we Dawgs pride ourselves in being able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Bad officiating is bad officiating whether you're 12-0 or 0-12 and anybody who says he doesn't hate the zebras is a liar. It's part of the game of football.

And since there's now a replay for almost everything there ought to be a way for a coach to challenge the officiating crew for failing to call an egregious penalty. You know, in the interest of making college football the cleanest, fairest sport in the land.

Whitefeather

Management Material
It's part of the game of football.
Missed calls are just part of the game. They make some mistakes but to argue that it only affects your team is laughable. Just because you see it doesn’t mean the refs saw it.

Thank you. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

MudDucker

Staff member
Well, we Dawgs pride ourselves in being able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Bad officiating is bad officiating whether you're 12-0 or 0-12 and anybody who says he doesn't hate the zebras is a liar. It's part of the game of football.

And since there's now a replay for almost everything there ought to be a way for a coach to challenge the officiating crew for failing to call an egregious penalty. You know, in the interest of making college football the cleanest, fairest sport in the land.

Until the last few years, I wished we didn't have replay, because it slows the game down. However, after some bad on field calls that got reversed, I've somewhat changed my mind. The biggest one that comes to mind was Bowers first down in last year's natty when the ref marked it short of the line to gain, but replay overturned it.

Geffellz18

Is it worse to lead most of the game and lose on a miracle play or just get your butt beaten in front of all the country for an hour straight ?
Knew this was coming- you forgot to tag a specific someone for their response however!
I wouldn’t hold your breath for it though!

TBack-“Hey B S…The team that nearly lost to the Barn just butthurt your “Dominate” Dawgs :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Knew this was coming- you forgot to tag a specific someone for their response however!

TBack-“Hey B S…The team that nearly lost to the Barn just butthurt your “Dominate” Dawgs :ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah. I forgot.
@Browning Slayer

BamaGeorgialine

His two favorite teams just got beat back to back by the team that he hates the most. I'm assuming that he's wearing a FSU jersey right now as we speak

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
His two favorite teams just got beat back to back by the team that he hates the most. I'm assuming that he's wearing a FSU jersey right now as we speak
I’m watching that sad abortion of a game. Primarily because my wife is a FSU fan and my dang dog is from there too.literally right down the road from the campus. I’m outnumbered

But I am watching Michigan on my phone

BamaGeorgialine

I’m watching that sad abortion of a game. Primarily because my wife is a FSU fan and my dang dog is from there too.literally right down the road from the campus. I’m outnumbered

But I am watching Michigan on my phone
This FSU game is awful to watch. I'm taking a few shots while I have my chance. Auburn has been killing it recruiting the past few weeks. Got two of the best recievers in the nation committed

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
This FSU game is awful to watch. I'm taking a few shots while I have my chance. Auburn has been killing it recruiting the past few weeks. Got two of the best recievers in the nation committed
The million dollar question is , do they have anyone to throw the ball to them ?