Irony in our words and actions

Sterlo58

I find it ironic that the lord teaches us to be forgiving, kind to others, unselfish in our thoughts and deeds etc. but I see more arguing , criticizing and passing judgement on this forum than anywhere else on Woody's. Just an observation.:huh:

Last edited:

THREEJAYS

I can't say you are wrong because it does sometimes seem as you have said,but it's probably because the things discussed here are the ones with eternal meanings.I do agree w/you that it should stay civil.

jneil

Politics and religion cause most of man's woes.

Sterlo58

Woes

I guess you are right. The things people are most passionate about cause the most friction. It is not neccessarily bad. It was just an observation on my part.

jmharris23

We should certainly remain civil but we should also be passionate- sometimes its hard to be both I guess

This part of the forum does lend itself to debate and everyone has an opinion and everybody thinks they are right- this is life.

No big deal- we just can't come in here with our heart on our shirt sleeves- but I do know where you are coming from

crackerdave

You're right,and I'm sure I'm guilty from time to time. I will,however,stand on God's Word and not back down.Jesus warned that doing so would offend some,but I hope I can argue in a gentlemanly way. By the way Woodswalker - I apologize for saying you don't have a clue !

60Grit

It is debate, period, and the nature of it.

Some don't understand that and try to force their point angrily without using educational discussion to back their opinion.

Others don't understand that it is debate and get offended.

Either way, it is debate, best left alone by the faint of heart.

farmasis

I think we are all guilty of having our opinions and wanting everyone else to have them also. :bounce:

I try to keep the main thing (the right relationship with Christ), the main thing. Too many Christians fight over the 5% of stuff we disagree on and forget the 95% of stuff we do.