Is sinning a sin?

Huntinfool

I just had to ask in light of the very specific "is this a sin" threads.

Y'all give it a break. Show people Christ. Preach the gospel.

I'm reminded of a line from a famous (to be named later) movie...."What we call thiiiiis and seventy fith st baptist church...we call a sinny sinnnnnn sin. How 'bout a little bit....fo my cataract?"

Let's give it a break guys. Sin is sin....arguing about it won't change it.

rjcruiser

No...sin is only sin if you are not a Christian. Christians can go on sinning so that God's Grace can abound. Paul even tells us this in Romans.

:pop2:

Gabassmaster

I just had to ask in light of the very specific "is this a sin" threads.

Y'all give it a break. Show people Christ. Preach the gospel.

I'm reminded of a line from a famous (to be named later) movie...."What we call thiiiiis and seventy fith st baptist church...we call a sinny sinnnnnn sin. How 'bout a little bit....fo my cataract?"

Let's give it a break guys. Sin is sin....arguing about it won't change it.

some people want to know in order to stop sinning to be closer with god.

rjcruiser

some people want to know in order to stop sinning to be closer with god.

true...but you don't get that from this forum.

Look at Paul in his defense of his life/faith in Acts 23-24. When speaking before the Sanhedrin, the Roman Commander and then later in front of Felix, what does he appeal to?

His CONSCIENCE. Amazing how God has given us something that tells us right from wrong. On "gray" issues, if you do something and it bothers you, it is probably wrong. If you do something and it doesn't bother you, then it probably isn't a big deal.

Gabassmaster

true...but you don't get that from this forum.

Look at Paul in his defense of his life/faith in Acts 23-24. When speaking before the Sanhedrin, the Roman Commander and then later in front of Felix, what does he appeal to?

His CONSCIENCE. Amazing how God has given us something that tells us right from wrong. On "gray" issues, if you do something and it bothers you, it is probably wrong. If you do something and it doesn't bother you, then it probably isn't a big deal.

ya i know not saying its me, there is just a lot of questions that get asked concerning the topic of sinning

apoint

We have been preaching the Gospel letter for letter verse for verse but people don't like the truth. I usually offer scripture for a question. Must be the wrong approach for the tickling of the ears bunch.

Huntinfool

Doing something that appears godly can be a sin folks....matters of the heart are very difficult to see on the outside sometimes.

There are lots of sins...let's not go about the business of trying to list them all. I think we'll be here for a while.

Gabassmaster

We have been preaching the Gospel letter for letter verse for verse but people don't like the truth. I usually offer scripture for a question. Must be the wrong approach for the tickling of the ears bunch.

Amen to that. They only wanna hear about the good things.

StriperAddict

I come to this forum now with the intent on the declaration that "Jesus is Lord". My previous banter days didn't get me nor many readers anywhere, but when Christ is lifted up... "He will draw all men unto Himself". There's no sence in lifting up a human standard (or religion, which faith in Christ is NOT) because it plays on the exhausting efforts of man to reach God. God's standard is in the gift, and in the gift giver, all free, but at the cost of the life of our Lord on the cross.
But now risen, the gift, His abundant life, is open to all who would recieve it. ;)

apoint

Doing something that appears godly can be a sin folks....matters of the heart are very difficult to see on the outside sometimes.

There are lots of sins...let's not go about the business of trying to list them all. I think we'll be here for a while.

Dont get me wrong HF, Im with you 100%. Maybe use kid gloves on touchy subjects.

vanguard1

Banned
No...sin is only sin if you are not a Christian. Christians can go on sinning so that God's Grace can abound. Paul even tells us this in Romans.

now i know you don,t know what you are talking about

Romans 6:1-2 (King James Version)

Romans 6
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

:banginghe

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

Brother, I do hope you're kidding.
In Romans, Paul states just the opposite.

That being said, if you've giving your life to Christ and you are living for Christ, His blood will continue to cleanse you from each and every sin that you might commit. If you're walking in His light, your sins are forgiven.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

Romans 6

Thanks.
I'm glad to see you caught that also.

Listen folks, give your "Life" and life's purposes to Christ and then never concern yourself with your sins again. That's the easy way.

Last edited:

pnome

I'm reminded of a line from a famous (to be named later) movie....

image0.jpg

Ain't nothing wrong with smoking weed man. Weed comes from the Earth. God put this here for me.... and you.

:D

rjcruiser

Romans 6

Brother, I do hope you're kidding.
In Romans, Paul states just the opposite.

Yes...yes I'm kidding. The fact that some can read my posts and think I'm not is both humorous and sad at the same time.

Dub

Very well stated.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Yes...yes I'm kidding. The fact that some can read my posts and think I'm not is both humorous and sad at the same time.

Well, a feller can't be too careful.

vanguard1

Banned
Quote:
Ain't nothing wrong with smoking weed man. Weed comes from the Earth. God put this here for me.... and you.

well wrong again, weeds came after the fall as a result of SIN, they were not ment to be here.