Is Smoking A Sin?

Nimrod71

Well we have heard about beer, how about smoking. I just came from church and outside I saw a number of cigaretts remains (can't use regular term, would get Xed out for profanity) on the ground. Someone at church smokes or a number of people smoked.

I am not judging them, but my take on the issue is anything you do to damage your body is a sin, wheather it be drinking beer, wine or pops or eating to much food. Really anything that damages your body, even getting to much sun.

Catfish369

By not smoking, you are "blessed" in that you have a little more money in your pocket and a lessened chance of smoking related health issues. That's my take anyways.

Havana Dude

Visited a little Baptist church in a little community in Arkansas many years ago with my folks and Grandma. When the service was over, the preacher greeted everyone at the door leaving, holding a cigarette in the other hand. I thought my Mom was going to explode it upset her so much. I really don't know if it is a sin. (Not because of what I witnessed)

Lowjack

Only if you set a forest fire then it is a sin. LOL

Which commandment is that, thou shalt not smoke ?

ronpasley

Many sin's many addiction but one true Savior Jesus Christ, each day as we that are truely seeking Christ the chains are being broken because He loves us so much.

I can not speak for smoker are drinker but I can speak for myself why it took 26 years of addiction and then being set free I don't know why it took so long but there is hope for those who really want to change.

Don't give up some people change

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iSf8wxEttk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iSf8wxEttk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ronpasley

Many sin's many addiction but one true Savior Jesus Christ, each day as we that are truely seeking Christ the chains are being broken because He loves us so much.

I can not speak for smoker are drinker but I can speak for myself why it took 26 years of addiction and then being set free I don't know why it took so long but there is hope for those who really want to change.

Don't give up some people change

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iSf8wxEttk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iSf8wxEttk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This was the song I listen to 1000 times after I realize I had change. Praise God people change

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Thou shalt not smoke; over eat; drink caffeine; eat eggs; eat hog fat; gain weight; get out of shape; etc.

We can make this list as long as tomorrow, but there's probably better things to be doing with your time.
But a Christian should at least have the decency to put their butts in the proper receptical.

vanguard1

Banned
smoking won,t send you to he11, it will just make you smell like you have allready been there.

vanguard1

Banned
this reminds me of a story joyce myer told, one day some kids asked thier mom if they could go to a movie, when the mom asked what is the rating they said pg13, so the mom said why is it pg13, they said it had just a few bad words in it,the mom said do you think God would approve of it, they said it is just a little, so the mom said first let me make some brownies, so after a while she called the kids in to eat the brownies, just before they took a bite she said I think you need to know something about these brownies, i put a little of the dogs poo in them just a little you wont even taste it, the kids said no way we wont eat that, the mom said why it is JUST A LITTLE. that took care of the movie.

1gr8bldr

Can I eat pork, seriously now, Christ came to set us free

Reel Time

I can only speek for my self. For me smoking was a sin. It was a sin for me because it controled my life. My every day, every moment was spent thinking about when I could have my next smoke. The sin was that I did not put Christ first. I was saved, but I was living in sin, the sin of control of the cig. I could not see it when I was in it. After I quit my eyes were opened. I am not going to get into all the health issues, other than to say I have been fogiven for the sin but I may have to face the consequences one day. On Jan. 15, 2011 it we have been 10 years that God saved me from my addition. I could never have done it without his help. I am still addicted to smoking I just no longer smoke. I prase God every day for his power. IT was his power 10 years ago the helped me, and it is available to everone who ask.

rjcruiser

I can only speek for my self. For me smoking was a sin. It was a sin for me because it controled my life. My every day, every moment was spent thinking about when I could have my next smoke. The sin was that I did not put Christ first. I was saved, but I was living in sin, the sin of control of the cig. I could not see it when I was in it. After I quit my eyes were opened. I am not going to get into all the health issues, other than to say I have been fogiven for the sin but I may have to face the consequences one day. On Jan. 15, 2011 it we have been 10 years that God saved me from my addition. I could never have done it without his help. I am still addicted to smoking I just no longer smoke. I prase God every day for his power. IT was his power 10 years ago the helped me, and it is available to everone who ask.

Wow...what a great testimony.

And that is what I would say to someone who smokes. Does it control you? Can you quit and go months without one? If so...carry on. If not...we are to be under the influence of nothing other than the Holy Spirit.

FireHunter174

Maybe it depends on what you are smoking :crazy:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
holy cow...

apoint

Are you the Temple? What happened to Aaron's sons when they brought in strange fire and incense???
Are you trying to get close to God or stay worldly????
What is just a little unrighteousness???
No we are not perfect but we need to work towards being Christ like. Or we could just be lukewarm, like most Christians.

Last edited:

Gabassmaster

Jesus drank wine and had long hair. Smoking is not a sin and neither is drinking alcohol.

Where in the bible does it say jesus had long hair? all the verses i know says that women should have long hair and mens hair should be short.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Smoker asks the Pastor, 'Can I go to heaven if I smoke?'

The Pastor replies, 'Yes, but much faster than the rest of us!'

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Can I eat pork, seriously now, Christ came to set us free

Does that actually mean we can do anything we want????

Is that what "Freedom in Christ" actually means??

I thought Christ empowered us, not turn us into a bunch of weak slimballs.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

Great point. I believe as you do.