Is there really fire where the smoke

bullgator

Next up will be, what will Miami, VT, Baylor, and the Arizona schools do next?

Madsnooker

I agree. Don't take offense but Clemson brings nothing to the big financially but I can see why they would want a school from the Fl market. It's clear the BIG wants a national footprint as well as ABC, NBC and Fox want advertising dollars nationwide. The sec appears to still prefer to be regional and is why the BIG will continue to lead financially.

ddavis1120

Who knows?

I read that USC and UCLA were actually going to go to the SEC. But I haven't seen or read any news of Lincoln Riley resigning so I think that move is highly unlikely.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I agree. Don't take offense but Clemson brings nothing to the big financially but I can see why they would want a school from the Fl market. It's clear the BIG wants a national footprint as well as ABC, NBC and Fox want advertising dollars nationwide. The sec appears to still prefer to be regional and is why the BIG will continue to lead financially.

The B1G can lead financially. The SEC will lead with championships. That seems like a fair trade to me. :bounce:

Arrow3

They might as well just do away with conferences. Just schedule who ever you want to play and have a 16 team playoff at the end of the season... It's all really getting ridiculous.

bullgator

The SEC has the bigger footprint in the areas of talent. California will be a big addition to the Big’s talent but, as you’ve said, your’s is more market based.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Doesn't matter what any of these 2nd tier conferences do. The Natty's will still be going through the SEC.

ClemsonRangers

IF FSU can bust out, maybe it opens the contract for others to leave.

Clemson would jump at an SEC invite, otherwise they would stay put and gut it out

Latest posts