It’s been a few years but wow

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Ate at Carver’s today. A small family owned burger, hot dog, soup, ice cream and candy store on Mock Springs road outside of Hawkinsville. Double bacon cheeseburger loaded up, tater chips since they don’t have fries and a fountain drink with free refills cost me $14.00 today. Real patty and very good. Not cheap, but I don’t mind supporting small places with good food from time to time. They were also a wedding cake customer once.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Hillbilly Hotdogs in Lasage makes a great burger, Kingtut drive in did as well with a homemade bun, even topped it with slaw before they closed

ucfireman

Not a burger but I went to Subway today, 1st time in a long time and since their rebranding.
Bread was hard on the outside, used to be soft, outside and inside. I don't like bread that leaves crumbs from the crust. I like it soft, like a roll kind of.
The cold cut combo, my go to, was 8.99 for a foot long. The old standby's were 8.99-9.99 meatball etc.
Their new named sandwiches were 10.00-13.99 or more.

I like Publix subs but their bread is hard on the outside too. That is why I went to Subway, but today was probably the last time.

leroy

Havent seen this in 15+ years, We went to Abbeville sc last night to a Mennonite church's walk through Bethlehem went to a little cafe to eat afterwards, walked in and realized they allowed smoking. We went on and sat down and ate, food and service were great but the smoke smell ruined it.

coolbreezeroho

Five guys fries .....Way too many fries for one person to eat A cup full and then half a paper bag full of fries. Now I went in for a great burger not a 4 pound bag of fries Mayo goes on a ham sandwich not on a meduim cooked burger... You should know better than that....Unless you like then well done burgers which have a charcol layer to the outside of the meat with a crunch with each bite... ;)
I also miss the Asheville Fuddruckers that they condemned to build condos. Great burgers, and they also had good fries and fresh-baked buns.
But if you threw Five Guys fries in the trash, there is something wrong somewhere. You could have brought them to me and I would have ate them. I'm a southern boy. I ain't a beta male yankee. I like taters. I don't understand people who don't. I am literally amazed and dumbfounded by the folks on here who hate delicious, fresh French fries. You probably eat mayonnaise on your burger to drown out the taste of the beef, and eat beans with it. :)

HermanMerman

Not a burger but I went to Subway today, 1st time in a long time and since their rebranding.
Bread was hard on the outside, used to be soft, outside and inside. I don't like bread that leaves crumbs from the crust. I like it soft, like a roll kind of.
The cold cut combo, my go to, was 8.99 for a foot long. The old standby's were 8.99-9.99 meatball etc.
Their new named sandwiches were 10.00-13.99 or more.

I like Publix subs but their bread is hard on the outside too. That is why I went to Subway, but today was probably the last time.

Go to a Jersey Mike’s one time, and you will never set foot in a Subway again.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Took my team to Bubba’s 33 today-I had never been there, but some of my mgrs recommended it. Their burgers were huge and looked great( @NCHillbilly quality-Almost!) and all that ordered them enjoyed them. Most were $12.49 with a dump truck load of fries.
The restaurant is a spin off by the founder of Texas Road House-I’d recommend it.
Bubba's is another good place to dine out.Been several times.

HermanMerman

For anyone that thinks Five Guys is overpriced, Jersey Mikes says hold my drink and watch this...
Its a good sub, but will lighten a fellas pocket real quick.

They’re definitely proud of their subs, no doubt about it.

ucfireman

Go to a Jersey Mike’s one time, and you will never set foot in a Subway again.
Just about went to one the other day.
I have never tried them.
For anyone that thinks Five Guys is overpriced, Jersey Mikes says hold my drink and watch this...
Its a good sub, but will lighten a fellas pocket real quick.

thats what I was afraid of

Never been to one. And couldn't see prices online before going in one.

Toliver

Just about went to one the other day.
I have never tried them.

thats what I was afraid of

Never been to one. And couldn't see prices online before going in one.
If I recall correctly since it's been over a year since I've been there the full subs are around 13 or 14 bucks. I may be off a buck or 2. But if you get a drink and chips, depending on which sandwich you get, a $20 probably won't survive that trip. And while they are definitely better than Subway, their quality and quantity have suffered just like the other chain restaurants.

bighonkinjeep

If I recall correctly since it's been over a year since I've been there the full subs are around 13 or 14 bucks. I may be off a buck or 2. But if you get a drink and chips, depending on which sandwich you get, a $20 probably won't survive that trip. And while they are definitely better than Subway, their quality and quantity have suffered just like the other chain restaurants.
I like the Italian #13 Mikes way add pepper relish. A mini is $7 half is $9 and a whole/giant is $16. Hope you got some singles to go with that $20 if you want chips and a drink.
Maybe if i hit the lotto Ill either eat at Jersey Mikes.or maybe buy a new boat...

HermanMerman

I grabbed their biggest sized sub the other day on the way to deer camp (I think it’s called a “giant”). I had a $25 gift card that nearly got wiped out on the sub itself… might have had a dollar or so left on it.

Toliver

And there you have it. I think you could get a good burger and sides at Longhorns for lunch for the price of Sub.

bighonkinjeep

And there you have it. I think you could get a good burger and sides at Longhorns for lunch for the price of Sub.
Last time I ate a burger for lunch at Longhorn it was pretty much a frozen dried out bubba burger patty on a fancy bun. Good fries though And thats been several years ago.

HermanMerman

I like the Italian #13 Mikes way add pepper relish. A mini is $7 half is $9 and a whole/giant is $16. Hope you got some singles to go with that $20 if you want chips and a drink.
Maybe if i hit the lotto Ill either eat at Jersey Mikes.or maybe buy a new boat...

The Italian is solid, but next time try a Big Kahuna cheesesteak. Holy moly is it good.

Baroque Brass

Firehouse subs ain’t cheap either. The wife and I go there occasionally, it’s about $25 for lunch.

Actually, make that $30 for two medium combos. I will say it was good, so there’s that at least.

Last edited: