jackson county boys

bradpatt03

as some of you know, i have recently moved to jackson county from the hussle and bussle of gwinnett. only problem is, other than abbeville south carolina, my only place to hunt is in lithonia. with gas prices the way they have been its tough to make it over that way. i know a lot of folks mentioned before that they wish they had someone to go with....so here it is... i am willing to make the sacrafice :bounce: i'm just gettin the itch not bein able to go at all durin the week anymore, or on the weekends if i can't make the haul to S.C. So, if anyone knows of anywhere, or has anywhere that a poor guy may be able to come along, let me know. heck i'll even do some work in exchange, i just gotta find somewhere. i live off of 53 in braselton near the race track, and i know i'm surrounded by prime property, i just don't know who or where to ask for permission. anyone got any ideas or advice i'm definitely all ears. (bout the point of goin to the town hall and gettin names of property owners and lookin them up :cry: )

bradpatt03

as if this wasn't bad enough i was just lookin thru the leases section and a guy got on offered first 3 to pm him to hunt in buford because he had too many deer to shoot all by hisself :cry:

I have also moved to Jackson Co. from Gwinnett. I've been in Jackson one year now, and have 3 places to hunt around the house, all due to just stopping and asking. If you do, go for just archery. Not many people are going to let someone off the street on their property with a highpowered rifle, but a bow is another story. If you show them that you are responsible, it might lead to some gun hunting. I've had this happen as well.

The bad news, my best hunting spots are still in Gwinnett. I have become use to hunting the travel routes between subdivisions. The bucks and the buck sign are so good. I've found it a bit tougher on my larger tracks of land in Jackson to pin them down for obvious reasons. Look for folks with gardens, they often see deer as pests.

bradpatt03

good advice...i know what you mean about gwinnett...my best spot is in lithonia in between a subdivision and parkin lot but there are some monsters back there and they're easy to pinpoint because the woods are limited.

thanks again for the advice and i'll have to give that a try

Buford_Dawg

See the lease section

Someone just posted a lease in Jackson county they are giving up moments ago. Might want to PM him.

DYI hunting

Hey brad...

PM me in December if you still don't have a good place to hunt. I might be able to make room for you and your dad for a hunt or two, but it might be on Sundays. I would offer more, but with my hunting buddies, the woods are pretty full right now.

We are dropping the 50 acres next year, in Jackson County. Remind me after the season and I will put you in contact with the lady who ownes it and will put in a good word for you.

We are always looking for local big leases of 200 plus acres. We will need a couple of memebers if we ever find anything local and I will give you a holler.

bradpatt03

definitely...we didn't get settled until right before season this yr and the land we had our eye on ended up already being leased

electricanhunter

jackson

I live in jackson county off 129 on the arcade/jefferson line. I got permission to hunt 11 acres but have only seen 3 does this season. If anyone has any openings please let me know. there is plenty of land around here i never see people hunting. thanks

gottahunt

electricanhunter said:
I live in jackson county off 129 on the arcade/jefferson line.

Sounds like you're my neighbor...I live around that area, too...

I'd love to find somewhere close to hunt...I'm going through withdrawals...and my husband doesn't like to hunt nearly as much as I do....