Japanese Frying Frenzy

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Chased down some shrimp, red bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, and green onions, chunked them in tempura batter and fried them. Made up some dipping sauce with soy, sesame oil, lime juice, brown sugar, hot pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, and green onions. Good stuff!

tempura.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Grand Slam homerun right there. I'd eat two plates of that without looking up to say hello.

tjchurch

I could eat a couple plates of that.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Chased down some shrimp, red bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, and green onions, chunked them in tempura batter and fried them. Made up some dipping sauce with soy, sesame oil, lime juice, brown sugar, hot pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, and green onions. Good stuff!

View attachment 1088935

I need the recipe for that dippin sauce! Sounds amazing!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I need the recipe for that dippin sauce! Sounds amazing!
Pretty much just like that. I don't really use a recipe. Dump some soy sauce in a bowl, put a shot of sesame oil in there, a squeeze of lime juice, a chunk of brown sugar, some red pepper flakes, and some chopped up green onions. Grate up a clove of garlic and a small chunk of ginger on a microplane and stir that in there, taste it to see if it needs more of something, and let it set in the fridge for at least an hour or so for all the flavors to come together. Works great with tempura, seared sesame tuna, potsticker dumplings, all kinds of stuff like that.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Pretty much just like that. I don't really use a recipe. Dump some soy sauce in a bowl, put a shot of sesame oil in there, a squeeze of lime juice, a chunk of brown sugar, some red pepper flakes, and some chopped up green onions. Grate up a clove of garlic and a small chunk of ginger on a microplane and stir that in there, taste it to see if it needs more of something, and let it set in the fridge for at least an hour or so for all the flavors to come together. Works great with tempura, seared sesame tuna, potsticker dumplings, all kinds of stuff like that.

Ima try it for sure. Sounds great. Thanks!