Jay's Case

Bow Only

This case has a special meaning for me not because of the points that are in the case, but for the point that isn't. I had a good friend in Americus named Jay Cliett and a few times a year, I'd go and look for arrowheads with him. Jay was in his 70's but could out walk anyone. He looked for points about 5 days a week and had about 30,000 acres to look. He had a heck of a collection. Jay died a couple of years ago and at his funeral, I put the biggest and best arrowhead from this case in Jay's hand. He is the only person I have ever known that loved looking for points more than I did. So every time I look at this case, I think of Jay. He is still missed.

Attachments

• Jay's Case.jpeg
    Jay's Case.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

ugajay

Reminds me of the two packs of Chattanooga chew I put in my Papa's overalls when he was buried. That case means more to you now I'm certain

mamatried

Bow Only, I also new Jay Cliett but referred to him as Dr. Cliett since he taught my Calculus classes at Georgia Southwestern. After he found out I looked for artifacts we spoke on a first name basis. Quite often Jay and I and a few of my geology professors would sit around and discuss material, locations, and point types. He always asked me to go walk fields with him and I still regret never taking him up on his offers. He was a kind man, the type you always look forward to talking to.