Perhaps I should be placed on a delay

slow motion

Kinda like for live broadcasts so they can be edited for content just in case. Have to get MRIs periodically. Got one in a bit. No worries. You can't get rid of me that easily. Been havung these for over 20 years and I'm still kicking. Point is I'm claustrophobic. If you've never had one let me set the stage. They stuff you head first into a tube that is tight enough you are certain the extraction process will require both a winch and an industrial size plunge. In order to coax me in they give me a happy pill 30 minutes prior. Now the first time I had one they handed me 2 loritabs. After it was over I hung out with the Nurse (wife) so she could keep me in line. About 6 months later we ran into a fella she worked with. I introduced myself. He looked at me strangely and walked off. You don't remember him she asked. No. Should I? Apparently I talked to him for over an hour that day. Nowadays I cut 1 in half but it still makes me loopy. Who knows what I might post. Maybe a temporary suspension?

Grunt-n-bleat

I have had my share of being the hot dog in a corndog contraption.
Last one i had they stuck me in a child size MRI machine. Nose was actually touching the top of the tube.
Imma big feller 6'5, 225.
Going in i was already feeling anxious, about 10 seconds before the hum of death machine started up, i opened my eyes.
Claustrophobia of the worst kind kicked in. I hollered like a school girl to get me out of this thing.
Technician hit the eject button and out i came. Not quick enough mind you.
Took me about 10 minutes of breathing and a cup of water before i calmed down to go back in the corn dog machine.

Toliver

I'm like that coming out of anesthesia. I have no filter for a bit.

tr21

I guess I'm lucky. having spent many days inside of a airplane wing I can go to sleep in there. last one I had was in October and if it wasn't for having to hold my breathe many times I would of had a good nap. they had me in there for a hour and a half !

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Dont go getting too loopy. MRI's make you feel like you are peeing yourself. It may make it a reality. :bounce:

I fell asleep in the last one that I had but then again, I fell asleep during a root canal two years ago.

oldfella1962

I have had my share of being the hot dog in a corndog contraption.
Last one i had they stuck me in a child size MRI machine. Nose was actually touching the top of the tube.
Imma big feller 6'5, 225.
Going in i was already feeling anxious, about 10 seconds before the hum of death machine started up, i opened my eyes.
Claustrophobia of the worst kind kicked in. I hollered like a school girl to get me out of this thing.
Technician hit the eject button and out i came. Not quick enough mind you.
Took me about 10 minutes of breathing and a cup of water before i calmed down to go back in the corn dog machine.
I had had a few MRI's. I get sleepy in them. It's probably the white/pink/etcetera noise that relaxes me.

georgia_home

the one that bothered me was the head scan.

they put your head in a hannibal lecter type cage box and throw you in the tube. i get claustrophobic in that cage.

the regular isn't as bad, but since the face cage, i get the pacifier pill before hand.

slow motion

the one that bothered me was the head scan.

they put your head in a hannibal lecter type cage box and throw you in the tube. i get claustrophobic in that cage.

the regular isn't as bad, but since the face cage, i get the pacifier pill before hand.
Did that once. Managed to talk them into an open MRI with the cage. Bolted it down to the table. Definitely not fun. Wouldn't fit in the tube with it. My nose is typically 2 inches from the top. Shoulders wedged into the sides. Currently 10 minutes into the happy pill. Will be goofy soon.

Gator89

Yep, been in the tube 5 or 6 times, fortunately they play some good tunes to listen to. Yes, it is a tight squeeze for a big ole boy like me.

Worst was when I fasted and went for a CT scan with contrast on my thyroid last fall. The tech told me I could only swallow when prompted. When the contrast die hit me, I thought I was going to puke and lay there and drown in a pool of my own vomit. Fortunately I kept it down. The tech went and found me a bottle of apple juice when the test was done. Worst 15 minutes I can recall in a long time.

Last edited:

specialk

my biggest problem is the tiny narrow bed you lay on....a lot of me hangs off the sides!

Stroker

I guess I'm lucky. having spent many days inside of a airplane wing I can go to sleep in there. last one I had was in October and if it wasn't for having to hold my breathe many times I would of had a good nap. they had me in there for a hour and a half !
Yep, for us tank rats a MRI is a breeze and you don't come out smelling like purging fluid or JP4.

pjciii

Herniated disc has flared up, have MRI scheduled Dr is calling to schedule and I am trying to delay till I can figure out my options. Because I anit going back into one of those tubes, period.
Open sided MRI. I had not been claustrophobic in a long time. But since Nov 28th 2022 I have had 4 MRI's, 2 CT Scans and one ultra sound. It brought it back on. I know where it first happened. I was in Boy Scouts. We went up to Kentucky to one of caves. Got to spend the Saturday night. We ended up going on the explores trail. All was good and then We thru a Cave to cave trail. It was 18" height and about 20" wide for about 25 yards of crawling on your belly. About half way thru one of the other kids got stuck. Laying in cave dust and disturbing it every time you said hurry up at the top of lungs. As you are stuck there you can't imagine the things that run thru your head. All of them more frightening than the other. We were stopped about 25 minutes before we got going again. I would not do anything for a long time. Unless it was with your girlfriend in a closet. But all the Scans have brought it back, but I have/need to do.

tr21

Yea I can see that messing you up. I'm good as long as I can see out and have air moving. Now if I couldn't see out I wouldn't like it at all...