JT and Bubba

slow motion

They won't be hunting this year?
Obviously I can't speak for the man but I will tell you what has been posted. Jim Bubba and jcooley380 were all drawn for Kansas. So I would assume they will be hunting there again this year. I also know they are on the lease again this year for the farm in Southern Illinois. Now at the end of last season Jim posted he may be hanging it up as far as LFTT goes. Being our LFTT hero I'm sure is quite demanding. He posted about taking a new position at work last year. And while it was a better opportunity for him and his family it was far more demanding of his time. While we all hope it will continue we certainly wish Jim the best.

Jim Boyd

Gotta have us some LFTT with @Jim Thompson and crew!

I am headed up 28 October to about 10 November. My service is bad and I get worn out and don’t update like I should. Plus I am old and slow and my hunts are boring.

I am counting on all of the LFTT crew to keep us updated - notably @slow motion because he has farms to hunt all over Illinois!

One of his places is about 75 miles ftom Mr. Charlie’s place so maybe we will connect.

It is coming, the leaves will start to change soon and we will hit that first 55 degree morning soon.

Come on - in this case - late October (the month formerly known as November)!

A few random images to get us feeling nostalgic!

IMG_1129.jpegIMG_2639.jpegIMG_3498.jpegIMG_6528.jpegIMG_6501.jpegIMG_6679.jpegIMG_8004.jpegIMG_8725.jpegIMG_8790.jpegIMG_9669.jpeg

slow motion

I am headed up 28 October to about 10 November. My service is bad and I get worn out and don’t update like I should. Plus I am old and slow and my hunts are boring.

I am counting on all of the LFTT crew to keep us updated - notably @slow motion because he has farms to hunt all over Illinois!

One of his places is about 75 miles ftom Mr. Charlie’s place so maybe we will connect.

It is coming, the leaves will start to change soon and we will hit that first 55 degree morning soon.

View attachment 1254246View attachment 1254247View attachment 1254248View attachment 1254249View attachment 1254250View attachment 1254251View attachment 1254252View attachment 1254253View attachment 1254254View attachment 1254255
Nice pics. I like that cup/accessory holder too.

flatwoods

View attachment 1254246View attachment 1254247View attachment 1254248View attachment 1254249View attachment 1254250View attachment 1254251View attachment 1254252View attachment 1254253View attachment 1254254View attachment 1254255

45 in Illinois this morning!!

slow motion

And we will definitely meet up my brother. Word of warning though. I have said it before but I definitely have Brad Paisley disease/ Cooler Online and I'm not even cool there.

Jim Boyd

Slo you and Mr Jim shoot a slob and I might bring y’all a piece of pound cake and ck them out !!!! Ok that’s a big old FIB !!! See how I texted might so it gives me a out

Gimme three steps, gimme…….

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sorry for the delay folks. I am slowly but surely recovering from a week long sickness that has kicked my and Melissa's butts in every way possible. But we are alive...well I think.

Dale gave a pretty accurate description of what's happening but here goes.

For most of my life I was in sales and since 2005 when I closed down for deer season it only really affected me because the team was big enough to let it ride. Managers hated it but what do you do? 4 or 5 years ago my owner created a new position in the office that would still allow me to take the 8 weeks off. Basically we took a team of 2 and added me.

Last August my owner said he was replacing one of the 3 and he wanted me but that I had about 20 minutes to answer. It was impossible to say no with about 3 times the income. but now there was a team of only 2. Fine for normal week long vacations. sick days etc but not even close to enough coverage for an 8 straight week vacation. There's just too much to do for 1 person to run the show 6 days a week 12 hours a day.

We did the move with the idea that we would add the 3rd person back as soon as we found someone qualified. That hasnt happened and the production between the 2 of us is strong as ever. We are running like banshees with zero free seconds in a day but are getting it done.

Last year my deer season was as screwed up as it's been in almost 20 years. It was not a pleasurable season. I saw the house I own for the 1st time ever with leaves still falling. I spent a couple weeks in KS and then a few days here and there in MO and IL while running back forth to work. Yes I know this is 1st world problems, but what do you do?

Last season on my last hunt I posted a whiney sounding post in the Live From The Tree that I was basically done. That it had been a great 17 year ride but that I am done. It is a lot of work and a lot of responsibility, but my real issue is that I hate doing it halfbutted. I hate having so many days in a row of not being in a tree and not being able to keep LFTT what it's grown to be. Heck other than issues with cell service I havent sat in a tree in 17 years without being live.

So saying all that...I have no idea how this season will turn out

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Me Bubba and John have the still new to us (last year) lease in southern IL. It is starting to shape up to be sumn else but is huge and hunts even bigger and we share it with 8 other folks so it will have it's challenges. It's only 70 miles from the house so I can do some running as needed.

We will be in KS at Steve's Kansas Farmland Outfitters again for 2 weeks starting a few days later in November than normal.

Basically the plan is to spend the season between the 2.

Bubba and John are both retired now and yet again I have zero idea what my schedule will be like.

livetohunt

Me Bubba and John have the still new to us (last year) lease in southern IL. It is starting to shape up to be sumn else but is huge and hunts even bigger and we share it with 8 other folks so it will have it's challenges. It's only 70 miles from the house so I can do some running as needed.

We will be in KS at Steve's Kansas Farmland Outfitters again for 2 weeks starting a few days later in November than normal.

Bubba and John are both retired now and yet again I have zero idea what my schedule will be like.
Look forward to it and following some of the hunts.

flatwoods

You worry too much. These yahoos will be fine.
Take care of yourself and family brother.
Plenty of folks here to keep it entertaining.
You don't have to do it all. Others will step up, or not. I wouldn't worry about it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sorry for the delay folks. I am slowly but surely recovering from a week long sickness that has kicked my and Melissa's butts in every way possible. But we are alive...well I think.

Dale gave a pretty accurate description of what's happening but here goes.

For most of my life I was in sales and since 2005 when I closed down for deer season it only really affected me because the team was big enough to let it ride. Managers hated it but what do you do? 4 or 5 years ago my owner created a new position in the office that would still allow me to take the 8 weeks off. Basically we took a team of 2 and added me.

Last August my owner said he was replacing one of the 3 and he wanted me but that I had about 20 minutes to answer. It was impossible to say no with about 3 times the income. but now there was a team of only 2. Fine for normal week long vacations. sick days etc but not even close to enough coverage for an 8 straight week vacation. There's just too much to do for 1 person to run the show 6 days a week 12 hours a day.

We did the move with the idea that we would add the 3rd person back as soon as we found someone qualified. That hasnt happened and the production between the 2 of us is strong as ever. We are running like banshees with zero free seconds in a day but are getting it done.

Last year my deer season was as screwed up as it's been in almost 20 years. It was not a pleasurable season. I saw the house I own for the 1st time ever with leaves still falling. I spent a couple weeks in KS and then a few days here and there in MO and IL while running back forth to work. Yes I know this is 1st world problems, but what do you do?

Last season on my last hunt I posted a whiney sounding post in the Live From The Tree that I was basically done. That it had been a great 17 year ride but that I am done. It is a lot of work and a lot of responsibility, but my real issue is that I hate doing it halfbutted. I hate having so many days in a row of not being in a tree and not being able to keep LFTT what it's grown to be. Heck other than issues with cell service I havent sat in a tree in 17 years without being live.

So saying all that...I have no idea how this season will turn out

That's a good problem to have Jim. Make the money, hunt when you can. When retirement comes (and it will come) you want to be in a position to hunt whenever and for as long as you want to. :wink:

Ace1313

What you started all those years ago seems to have grown it's own life! We appreciate all that you do and are capable of doing this fall. Great problems to have with the job and wish you continued success.