Just got the dreaded call!

Impact97

After 14 years of friendships, bad stories, lies, and plenty of fun, I got the call that our 1300 acre club has been sold. I feel like I lost a best friend. Now on to important things like finding a new place to hang my hat. I live in Toccoa and have no problem traveling a couple of hours to join a good group of folks. I have a tractor and implements. Please PM me if anything comes up.

So long Elberton!

Robert28

Was it privately owned land or papermill owned? I have a buddy that’s been hunting this property since the early 2000’s and now that the husband died he’s afraid the wife and two daughters will sell it.

Impact97

Was it privately owned land or papermill owned? I have a buddy that’s been hunting this property since the early 2000’s and now that the husband died he’s afraid the wife and two daughters will sell it.
Paper company sold to a company building a quarry.

Jim Boyd

Sorry to hear that @Impact97

Good luck in search, sir.

Big7

The Oracle
It happens.

My mother, sisters and uncle sold our family farm soon after my dad passed away.

Guess I'll either join a gun club and just shoot targets and/or hunt public land.

I'm not paying what the clubs and leases are going for.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Man that's rough.
I've had the same thing happen.

Buford_Dawg

Lost my 400 acre club in Elbert about 10 years ago. My kids grew up hunting it with me, wonderful times. Had the same call that you did... Actually have had it about 5 times during my hunting career, really stinks when it happens. Good luck in your search.

Deerhead

It happened to me too. Sure miss all of those guys and their stories. Even though I have heard them 10000 times. It took me a lot of work but fond a small club and hunt with the land owner. I got real lucky, its a great place and good people.

Good luck finding a new hunting club!

Meriwether Mike

Happened to me on Labor Day weekend many years ago. Wound up hunting on junk land that year as all leases were filled.

BanditOne

If you don’t mind me asking, what road was your club located on? My uncle hunts up that way and he is afraid that he may get the call soon.

wvdawg

Staff member
Lost one two years ago. Losing another small tract this year. It will eventually happen. Both were private owned and sold. Good luck finding a new spot.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Had a small place for 10 years, knew from day one it would eventually be sold, best deal a guy could ask for though, keep his roads mowed, all the deer and ducks I could want, turkeys were his, I'd even plant corn around his turkey hunting weekends for him, drop in harrow a pass or 2 and plant 4-8 rows on Tuesday or Wed of that week and they'd be out there scratching for him on Saturday mornings. Lot of fun and memories from that place.

DynamicDennis

Was super relieved to get the group text today, about the dues. Even though we lost 140 ac and still have an additional member. Either way, I feel for you and dread the day it happens to us.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And my wife wonders why I refuse to sell my land. :rolleyes: