Karma, Poetic Justice ir Divine Intervention ?

Hillbilly stalker

Target started carrying clothing for trans kids and fruit loop parents. Public pressure caused them to move it to the rear of the store. This store like many others in West “By God” Virginia, is built on a mountain top. The hill had a slip and you wanna guess where it broke off ? :hair: Yep…..you guessed it.Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 1.53.44 PM.jpegScreenshot 2024-02-23 at 1.52.50 PM.jpeg

oldfella1962

What is a "slip"? Is that like a mudslide? Is it a rockslide? Is it some kind of sudden, rapid erosion?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Just going to take a guess at the meaning of slip here. There are several types of mountain formations. The Appalachians and Rockies are fold type. The Cumberlands in Tennessee are block. With block mountains a large 'block of earth' falls or slips away from what is left or a mountain. BTW there are 5 types of mountain formation.

Hillbilly stalker

A "slip", as I have always been told, is just when the Earth gives way and slides downhill. A lot of times its caused by freezing and thawing of the ground. The contraction and expansion of the soil loosens things, gravity and external weight move them downhill. @gobbleinwoods gave a much more scientific explanation than I could offer. The irony of the situation is that in that part of the country they are used to building on hillsides and mountain tops. They have very stringent compaction tests before ever being cleared to build. For that particular store to fall to the forces of nature and the back half where they kept that line of clothing took the hit, it just has people nodding their heads. Incidentally, slips is one of the top reasons WV has such sorry roads.

A inside joke , they call pot holes in the road "Jay" holes...because they really "Rockefeller". He was a sorry Gov that didn't half way take care of the roads.:bounce:

oldfella1962

Just going to take a guess at the meaning of slip here. There are several types of mountain formations. The Appalachians and Rockies are fold type. The Cumberlands in Tennessee are block. With block mountains a large 'block of earth' falls or slips away from what is left or a mountain. BTW there are 5 types of mountain formation.
Thanks! Nothing like waking up and learning something new! :D Oh and I learned a few minutes ago in another thread that gators move way faster than I generally move. :oops: Maybe gators don't have to worry about pulling a hamstring or falling and breaking a hip.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
What do they call the type that forms in counties that neighbor large metropolitan areas and appear to be composed of garbage?
Democratic strongholds.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I was thinking more like top of the heap, the Democrat high ground.