Kelly Bryant Transferring - Clemson

Tmpr111

Saw this coming, it's why the coaches made the decision after him playing in 4 games. Trevor Lawrence is no joke, but in fairness to Bryant, he didn't lose the job and boy has he expressed that this morning. I feel bad for the kid, and can't blame him for his comments. He believes in himself. Also easy to see why the coaches made the decision with TL being so good. Will be interesting to see how other "similar" QB scenarios play out.... this will affect recruiting, like it or not.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-clemson-tigers-qb-kelly-bryant-says-transfer

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I've waited my turn

And ^that's^ why I'm glad Mark Richt is no longer in Athens. There is no obligation to play these kids. The best one should get the job. Period.

Patriot44

Banned
And ^that's^ why I'm glad Mark Richt is no longer in Athens. There is no obligation to play these kids. The best one should get the job. Period.
Stevie Wonder could see that Lawrence was going to get the job after his second snap.

TinKnocker

Yep. Otherwise why keep recruiting? You are constantly looking for the best player at every position. If you recruit one that's better than the current starter, grab a cushion because that bench ain't soft.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There's tough decisions that have to be made at this level, and you gotta do what's best for the team."

Zackly. Screw the kid. We got a better one and if somebody better than him comes along will ditch him too.

CFB is just about shot out now. It won't take much more.

HunterJoe24

I doubt Clemson would allow him to transfer to another ACC school. He'll get on with a good team, he was a good QB.

across the river

He's a senior, so he most likely will go where he chooses.

Based on the above comments, Fields could put Fromm on the bench... Simply put, Lawrence has gotten more chances to play.

This day was coming and everyone knew it. The same thing happened at Clemson Deshaun Watson's freshman year when he came in and eventually beat out Cole Stoudt or whatever his name was. In both situations the freshman had more talent and had a better skill sets than the senior. In both cases the freshman was better for the team than the senior, and game them a better chance to win. Fields won't beat out Fromm because he doesn't give Georgia a better chance to when than Fromm. He may be more athletic, run faster, and have a better arm, but if you can't read defenses, protect the ball, and put people in the right position to succeed, you don't be out the guy who can. Right now Fromm is the guy who can.

someguyintraffic

The first few games when Dabo started giving Lawrence some series theyd show Bryant on the sidelines and he was not happy. Looked like he was wellin' up. Good. Lawrence is another class of QB and the best choice for Clemson.

across the river

I think tho the 4 game rule says that he gets a 5th year.

Yes, but he can only play immediately next year if he graduates, which he will. He has used three years of eligibility up already, so this year will be his redshirt. If he didn't graduate and transferred, he would have to sit out a year. Since he "burned" his redshirt this year, he would use his last year of eligibility sitting out. Only works if he graduates.

TinKnocker

This day was coming and everyone knew it. The same thing happened at Clemson Deshaun Watson's freshman year when he came in and eventually beat out Cole Stoudt or whatever his name was. In both situations the freshman had more talent and had a better skill sets than the senior. In both cases the freshman was better for the team than the senior, and game them a better chance to win. Fields won't beat out Fromm because he doesn't give Georgia a better chance to when than Fromm. He may be more athletic, run faster, and have a better arm, but if you can't read defenses, protect the ball, and put people in the right position to succeed, you don't be out the guy who can. Right now Fromm is the guy who can.
This. Anyone who still thinks there’s a “QB controversy” at GA should check the snap count VS Mizzou.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I’m a big Trevor Lawrence fan. He’s a local kid and everyone around here loves him for not only what he has done on the field but more importantly off the field. He is truly a good kid! Bryant may be the best QB at Clempsun right now but Lawrence was going to get the job eventually and with the cupcake schedule that they have from here on out Trevor is going to get some good on the job training for the future