Kirby Smart shares disappointment in latest practice, says 2 positions have ‘never been this thin’

GTMODawg

BANNED
Reading that article I get coach speak out of it. Point blank calling out the WRs and DBs to step it up. Point blank calling out leadership on the team to step it up. Thats a coach doing the work he knows will get the attention of those called out. Good stuff Kirby!

And he ain't wrong....UGA is not deep at WR or DB and the team lost a ton of high quality leadership after last season. It is a JOB to rebuild the latter.....and Kirby learned from the best there has ever been.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
UGA Rat Poison, no sympathy here for lacking wide receivers trust me.

jbarron

BANNED
It's my understanding that UGA needs several more players to hit the portal in order to get down to the maximum scholarship limit. I wouldn't expect much (if any) portal recruitment this year.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

GTMODawg

BANNED
Kirby is the master of mulley grubbing. Vince used to hold that title.

Kirby is good but Vince Dooley was the GOAT. Between him and Munson you'd swear that despite beating Vandy by 40 the 'Dores had the best defense ever assembled on a football field.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The portal has been kind to Bama and some great recruits as well.

brownceluse

Having Arik Gilbert will help. Bowers owned Bama too in the 33-18 beat down. Our walk on QB that earned a scholly is coming back and he beat Bama 33-18 to win the NC. Also that AD Mitchell that snagged that TD in the NC win too! Dawgs will be fine at WR we have a couple hyper TE’s we can move over. Back end of defense isn’t as good. Go Dawgs you silly Bammers it’s still our show until we kick off! Boom Shakalaka

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Having Arik Gilbert will help. Bowers owned Bama too in the 33-18 beat down. Our walk on QB that earned a scholly is coming back and he beat Bama 33-18 to win the NC. Also that AD Mitchell that snagged that TD in the NC win too! Dawgs will be fine at WR we have a couple hyper TE’s we can move over. Back end of defense isn’t as good. Go Dawgs you silly Bammers it’s still our show until we kick off! Boom Shakalaka

Still congrats from me. Have no doubt, I want to see those two 350 plus lineman added using Bennett to remove turf.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
What was the score again? :bounce:

Dawgs gonna be just fine! Our running game should be even better this year, putting less pressure on our receivers. GO DAWGS!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Have you guys done the digital aging thing to see what Kirby will look like at the next one? :bounce:53FEDA20-17F6-438A-B982-1D5004616C87.jpeg25FB2028-87BC-4806-A58F-481E9950FD6E.jpeg

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
With the injuries we had last year I wouldn't mind having one WR & CB from the portal!

After the spring game we will know what we need!