KnifeID

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They were made by part of the Case family.

Skeeter XRi

I’m pretty sure I lost that in a field 50 years or so ago…

Kinfolks was a brand started by two cousins of the Case family and was active from roughly the 1930’s through 1960ish. If that’s a plastic/bakelite guard the knife is likely WWII era.

More and better pics would be good.

jim

Lukikus2

Thanks for the info. Blade is rough right now. Carbon steel. Found a SOS pad and will clean up and post pics. Got a good story that goes with this one!

Lukikus2

That is a cool old knife. And we're waiting for the cool story..

I lived in the outscirps of the burbs and was playing with matches. Burned 10 acres before the Firemen put it out. I got whipped while watching the Firemen put it out. I was grounded for weeks. Soon as I got cut loose I walked all that field and found it laying on the burn line. I showed it to my Dad and he confiscated it. He gave it back to me before he passed three years ago and always denied he had it.

Lukikus2

I’m pretty sure I lost that in a field 50 years or so ago…

Kinfolks was a brand started by two cousins of the Case family and was active from roughly the 1930’s through 1960ish. If that’s a plastic/bakelite guard the knife is likely WWII era.

More and better pics would be good.

jim

What do you think?

Skeeter XRi

What do you think?
No change in my thoughts really. It appears to be an honest cool old knife that I’d put in my safe with the other honest cool old knives that have followed me home over the years. I still think it was likely made during or shortly after WWII. Clean it gently and put it to work.

jim

Hillbilly stalker

They still make Marttini knives. I have one that’s about five years old. I believe they have joined with Rapal, you will see them on the same rack. They are very good sharp knives, they are not expensive…but they’re dandies. They make a Hunter and a skinner series also, good metal. That’s an older one I believe.

Lukikus2

They still make Marttini knives. I have one that’s about five years old. I believe they have joined with Rapal, you will see them on the same rack. They are very good sharp knives, they are not expensive…but they’re dandies. They make a Hunter and a skinner series also, good metal. That’s an older one I believe.

You are right. I edited my post. The brand is Rapala. Made out of surgical steel.

Hillbilly stalker

I bought this one around 5 years ago. I use a fillet knife to bone out deer and hogs. I wanted to get one with a little better steel than the Rapals. It’s a pretty good one. It seems to hold an edge longer.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpeg
    IMG_2958.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 22

Lukikus2

I bought this one around 5 years ago. I use a fillet knife to bone out deer and hogs. I wanted to get one with a little better steel than the Rapals. It’s a pretty good one. It seems to hold an edge longer.

Sweet! That will last for years. I love leather sheath’s on the old ones but they will also collect moisture and ruin a good knife.

Anvil Head

I've seen those in sets of 6 and were considered table/steak knives. Most old school mfgrs. used 440C which is still excellent stainless steel in spite of what many makers think.

Latest posts