Kong is home.

jerry russell

After more than a year the mount of Kong is home. I don't normally mount animals but the story behind this boar made him special to me. The mount is really nice and required a lot of customization due to his size. I can't help but believe that it will bring back some great memories of that 3.5 year long hunt when I get too old to chase those critters.

If anyone missed the story, here it is.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=838015&highlight=kong

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    926.2 KB · Views: 475

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Real nice looking mount. Congratulations

dm/wolfskin

Nice mount Jerry. I use to tease my Mom about putting a hog mount in her house. No you're not. She'll be 97 in July, maybe I'll sneak it in the house for her birthday. Will see how that works out.

pine nut

To quote Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, "That's some PIG!" I believe I'd have mortgaged the house to mount that one!

Clipper

I read the whole story when you first posted it. That animal is certainly worthy of a mount and your quest to kill him was something most hunters would never have had the tenacity to complete. I suspect you are as proud of Kong as many of the African trophies you have taken.

Barry Duggan

Glad you had Kong mounted, Jerry. He was worthy.

longbowdave1

Fantastic mount! Post a picture of it hanging on wall if you would. One of a kind for sure.