Lanier striper on the drop shot

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
Well decided to pass the day with a little fishing till opening day of turkey season, went out to the main lake to throw some jigs and a drop shot around docks, I have never ever hooked a striper off a rubber worm... how much y'all think she weighs. Fun fight on 8lb line with a medium light rod!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 834

greg_n_clayton

Just being a smart donkey !! I bet that was fun !!! I haven't the knowledge to estimate a weight !!

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
Lol... man the only thing that was going through my mind was... man i got a monster spot!!

I'm not a great striper fisherman by no means, but I hooked this fish in 10ft or so of water and that fish ran straight to the bank, in talking less then a foot of water... why it do that instead of running to deep water???

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
Yeah, I'd go 8-10 lb class as a guesstimate. With that much milt coming off it they should be trucking northward any day now.

Like I have told u, not a big striper fisherman, when they spawn, will the run up the major rivers like the hooch or the Chestatee, or will they run up creeks like wahoo and little river?

StriperrHunterr

Like I have told u, not a big striper fisherman, when they spawn, will the run up the major rivers like the hooch or the Chestatee, or will they run up creeks like wahoo and little river?

I'm not an expert on their spawning runs so I'm not 100% sure, but my gut and everything I've ever heard, says that they will choose the larger rivers over the tributaries. The sad part is that no matter where they choose to go they will be unsuccessful, except to those that hate them, I imagine they relish in the idea that they can't spawn naturally.

You'll usually find them in places like Wahoo and Little River in the late winter through mid to late spring chasing baitfish on the shallow banks early in the day. Later in the day they'll pull out to deeper water, on average, with each day drawing them closer to the mouths of those areas as the water gets warmer.

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
I'm not an expert on their spawning runs so I'm not 100% sure, but my gut and everything I've ever heard, says that they will choose the larger rivers over the tributaries. The sad part is that no matter where they choose to go they will be unsuccessful, except to those that hate them, I imagine they relish in the idea that they can't spawn naturally.

You'll usually find them in places like Wahoo and Little River in the late winter through mid to late spring chasing baitfish on the shallow banks early in the day. Later in the day they'll pull out to deeper water, on average, with each day drawing them closer to the mouths of those areas as the water gets warmer.
The reason I asked is cause it was on the main lake but the closer "river/creek" was wahoo and little river. So I'm taking it as they would by pass them and run up the hooch. Thanks for the info.