Largest Redfish we have caught to Date.... MONSTER

rifleroom

Dang Richie, I think Me and the family want to go MONSTER Red fishing when we get that date nailed down!

alphachief

Great fish...I would think that ole lady has been around for a while.

bird_dawg

Lawd have mercy!!!!! What a red, congrats to all!

razor1

x2 grew up fish the gulf and had no clue they even go that big. Gona go work on the boat when I get off in the morning.

Yes sir, and another bit of info is that fish is prob at least 20 yrs old.. thats amazing in its self. Capt RL could give a better estimate of that fishes age, buy i'm willing to bet at least 20 yrs old...........wow! That fish has seen alot of moons.......................EJ

crackerdave

That musta been some kinda fight, right there! Were you specifically after a big one? What size tackle did y'all get 'er on?

razor1

That is a nice REDFISH Capt. Thanks for sharing...... But I have to call it like I see it....... I would have to say 3rd cousin, that fish is a limp noodle compared to Clarks...............Did you release that fish???....... If so, she will have a great chance to reach the FULL BULL statis like the fish you see at the top of the page ..............EJ

Last edited:

Capt. Richie Lott

That musta been some kinda fight, right there! Were you specifically after a big one? What size tackle did y'all get 'er on?

Hey Dave.... She was caught on 30 pound spinning tackle. We were in an area near Jekyll Island that has been producing very, very large reds. We were specifically targeting big reds in deep water. Did we get lucky? YEP!! :D

jamrens

Banned
Back in November 2009, Todd Barber and I got this cousin of your fish up here off St. Cat. Island.

Capt. Jimmy

P/S: The story of the catch that day is on my website on the blog pages!

What whould possess you to but a SMALL red in RIchies thread i mean dude really? Why cant you just say hay captn good job.. But since you did here here is the biggest one i have caught..
100_3089-1.jpg

WHIt

speechless33759

That would be so fun to catch one on a kayak...it'll probably take you to the Bermuda Triangle before it's all over with. HUGE FISH! Capt, are those bull reds mainly caught offshore? Can you catch them in ICW's?

Capt. Richie Lott

We mainly catch them in the sounds and rivers. We do catch them offshore in the cold months, but we actually target them in sounds, rivers and on the breakers.

Yeah, that would be fun in a Kayak! You would have to anchor somehow, then it would be on.

Capt. Richie Lott

Here is the world record redfish.... 94 Pounds!!! Can you imagine!!??

Makes me wonder if there are any more out there even close to this size. :huh: Pretty rare to see them much over 45 pounds anymore in GA, anyhow...

The outer banks of NC are known for big reds as well... This one came from there in 1984. The fish was 57 inches long, but an astounding 38 inches in girth!

Wow..... Absolutely, WOW!

redfishrecord.jpg

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
they're in there