Lead vs TSS

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is that a 12 gauge? What choke are you running for those Hevi 6’s?

Yes, it`s a 12. Remington SPR 100. The choke is one I got from Cabelas back in 2008. It`s a .665.

deast1988

Still working on this one, but 3.5in 2 5/8oz #8.5s at 53yds. It’s a 500+ 10in circle at 40yds. I tracked down a sx3 NWTF cantilever 12ga. It’s the exact same set up as my 20ga. But a 12ga version, I haven’t attempted to tote a 3.5in gun in the last 10yrs or so but figured I’d atleast see what cannon could do.

Both 24in,
20ga has the sling on it

Attachments

• IMG_1376-dsqz.jpeg
    IMG_1376-dsqz.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1378.jpeg
    IMG_1378.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 26

Buckstop

Sighted in with Federal TSS 3.5" 12 ga, 7-9 shot last season. Found the recoil to be more than I desired in my 870 Rem Turkey Special. Switched to the same TSS 3" load this season. Below are the 3.5" patterns at 30 yrds from last year with an Indian Creek and a Carlson chokes. Stayed with the Carlson. Killed two with it last weekend, one at 55 yrds. Made a TSS believer of me.

Attachments

• Indian Creek.jpg
    Indian Creek.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Carlson.jpg
    Carlson.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 13

Gator89

Sighted in with Federal TSS 3.5" 12 ga, 7-9 shot last season. Found the recoil to be more than I desired in my 870 Rem Turkey Special. Switched to the same TSS 3" load this season. Below are the 3.5" patterns at 30 yrds from last year with an Indian Creek and a Carlson chokes. Stayed with the Carlson. Killed two with it last weekend, one at 55 yrds. Made a TSS believer of me.

In a 12 ga, 2.75 inch shells with TSS would be a more than adequate payload delivered to the turkey's noggin.

Long Cut

tell us about your gun?

That’s a Charles Daly 101 in 12 gauge 3” chamber with a 20” barrel

The gun breaks down completely in half and can be stored in a backpack, turkey vest, etc..

I may turkey hunt with it some, but it will be going off to Gun Docc or Sumtoy Custom’s for some work this Summer.

Gaswamp

The gun breaks down completely in half and can be stored in a backpack, turkey vest, etc..

I may turkey hunt with it some, but it will be going off to Gun Docc or Sumtoy Custom’s for some work this Summer.
Pm me for recommendations

WishboneW

Is Curtis still working on shotguns?

earlthegoat2

You don’t have to go to a 20 ga or 410 to get less recoil.

Just go 12 ga 2 3/4”