Let's see some Jeeps!

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
One thing this trip taught me was, you can prepare for most things, but some are just out of the blue. I just ordered a set of extended thread lug nuts. Thanks to @tr21 I was able to cancel the first order (yep I ordered) and get the right ones on the way

24pcs Chrome Silver Bulge Lug Nuts - 1/2x20 Threads - 1.75 inch Length - ET Style - Cone Conical Taper Seat Shank - Closed End - Compatible with 6Lug Vehicles Wheels https://a.co/d/51SZnrj

Last edited:

marlin

The jeep i have came with LED headlights and one of them has decided to go out. They are the ones with three rows of lights. I didn’t care for the light pattern. What kind of LED headlights do most of the crowd recommend?

John Cooper

The jeep i have came with LED headlights and one of them has decided to go out. They are the ones with three rows of lights. I didn’t care for the light pattern. What kind of LED headlights do most of the crowd recommend?
Good question, I still run the halogen headlights in my 2006 Rubicon.

earlthegoat2

IMO, LEDs are massively over rated as a means of casting light. They are bright as heck to oook at but don’t seem to shine very far.

I use Sylvania Silver Stars. Many folks also recommend Phillips Vision Plus or Extreme Vision.

OK so I am not hating on LEDs. They just don’t seem to cast light as far. If you like the look have at it. LEDs also last longer than the ones I mentioned.

turkeykirk

Buddy of mine in NY mounted his snowplow in anticipation of the next few days snow storms.output_image1701095747437.jpeg

John Cooper

OEM radiator top tank split on me last week.
20231127_193808.jpg

Pulled it and took it to a local Radiator shop on Chattanooga I have used for years.

Got the top tank replaced and reinstalled the radiator and its been fine!!!!!
20231202_144258.jpg

Drove it all week with no issues. I still picked up one from 1800radiator just to have a spare!!!!!

hopper

View attachment 1275226

Pulled it and took it to a local Radiator shop on Chattanooga I have used for years.

View attachment 1275237

Drove it all week with no issues. I still picked up one from 1800radiator just to have a spare!!!!!
Glad the repair worked out for you. Was the spare fromm 1800radiator also a Mopar?

John Cooper

Glad the repair worked out for you. Was the spare fromm 1800radiator also a Mopar?
No it's a yokorad or something like that. It's supposed to be their top tier line :unsure: time will tell if by chance I need it.

I figured for close to 70.00 cheaper than Orileys and a lifetime warranty. Might as well have a spare.

hopper

Anyone got a handle on a high mileage conventional? Or is it all synthetic blends these days?

tr21

there's a pennzoil with a red label that's supposed to be conventional ! you have to look close and it's getting hard to find.
1702603396082.png

earlthegoat2

View attachment 1275226

View attachment 1275237

The radiator shop local to me no longer repairs radiators. All they really do is clean DPFs now.

They are still called Chatham Radiator though. :unsure: