Lil Will-dawg April fooled one!!!

Will-dawg

What a great April fools day! We got settled in at our honey hole at 6:45. After sitting there listening for about 15 minutes and not hearing anything we were getting anxious. I told Coleman to get the owl call out and let it rip. As he was reaching for it we hear GGGGOOOOBBBLLLEEE not even 75 yards away to our left! Nevermind on the owl hooting! As soon as we heard the first gobble a couple of hens got fired up. A couple of minutes go by and he gobbles again. This time I let out a soft tree yelp on my diaphragm and he cuts me off. So we just sit tight.

It wasn't very long and a hen glides in from from our right and lands out in front of us about 60 yards away. As soon as she hits the ground I hear him and the other hens fly down. I could see him strutting out of the corner of my eye so I start softly yelping and purring and here he comes! Coleman couldn't move so we sat there and he strutted up to about 20 yards with 2 hens behind him. I told Coleman to wait until he turned to get the gun up. Finally he turned toward the first hen that flew down so Coleman made his move. As the bird was strutting his stuff toward the hen, Coleman said "stop him". I cut pretty loud and he stuck his head up and KABOOOOOOM!! He let the little Tristar 20 gauge bark! Big Bird Down!!!! He made a perfect 31 yard shot. The Hevimagblend did its job. I am one proud Daddy!!

9 1/2" beard
7/8" spurs

Attachments

• IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3299.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_3305.JPG
    IMG_3305.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 952
  • IMG_3308.JPG
    IMG_3308.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 949

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Good job y'all!!!! Sounds like a fun hunt!

Toddmann

Coleman that's a fine job. Congrt

turkeykirk

Congratulations

Steve Roberts

Awesome!!! Way to go young man!!!! Congrats

wvdawg

Staff member
Way to go Coleman! Congrats to you both!

mlbowfin

90% of the time those hens will ruin a hunt, sounds like you guys had the perfect setup.. nice job calling and getting your boy a shot..

Will-dawg

Thanks y'all!! You still can't smack the smile off his face!! He really enjoys turkey hunting AND reading the responses.