Lion's Mane

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Scouting for woodcock habitat during Sunday's downpour, I found this one. The old Dexter has a 12" blade. The mushroom weighed 3 lbs. Lion's Manes suck up the rain like sponges and cooking portions must be squeezed before cooking to remove excess water. I gave it to Billy and he cooked some of it last night. Tasty.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Shoot yeah! Looks good!

Scouting for woodcock habitat during Sunday's downpour, I found this one. The old Dexter has a 12" blade. The mushroom weighed 3 lbs. Lion's Manes suck up the rain like sponges and cooking portions must be squeezed before cooking to remove excess water. I gave it to Billy and he cooked some of it last night. Tasty.

Cool pic. I would love to find one to eat. Just started foraging mushrooms last year. I just got to ask, you were out scouting for birds and were carrying a 12" blade? You could walk up to just about anybody without a sword and say "that's not a knife!"

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I forgot my pocket knife and happened to have that one in my truck. It would make for a good Crocodile Dundee moment. Gil

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
That's a beauty!!

Latest posts