Longleaf Odyssey - a Photo Essay

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I always remember Bo$$'s deep love for the south GA piney woods. I wish he would have had time to finish that book he was writing about them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yessir. I bet it was awesome. Gotta get us up a Okeefonokee fishin trip.
This sounds very strange, but I wanna catch a mudfish. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thats a lot of carnivorous plants. Thanks for the trip. How often do they burn the area and how long after a burn does it take to regenerate?
I'm not sure. I think every 2-3 years? Most of the fire-dependent stuff like wiregrass, the carnivorous stuff, wildflowers, pine seedlings, etc., regenerate immediately. They're all adapted to it. It kills the brush and scrub hardwoods out for a few years.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
This sounds very strange, but I wanna catch a mudfish. :)

They fight like nothing you`ve ever hooked. Especially a big one. Don`t put a big one in the boat while it`s still green. It`ll tear stuff up. They fun to catch though. Here`s my son with an average size blackfish from about 20 years ago. Caught it on a live bream under a cork.

klemblackfish.JPG

oldways

Old mud fish ain’t hard to catch buy the most expensive plug you can find and throw it at them. they have expensive taste and will usually hit it and sometimes they keep it or they do me like that. Now cooking that rascal is another story you got to be exact with the seasoning. They are a little tricky Lol

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Beautiful pics and awesome write up!:cheers:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Thanks for all the work to make this picture tour possible. I think all of the areas on the earth are beautiful, each in their own way.