Look what my wife got me.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
She hid it from me until our anniversary. It is a new Vortex Viper 6-24x50mm FFP PST MOA scope. :clap::clap::clap:

Can't wait to sight it in this weekend. I also ordered a new turret so I can dial it into yards that match the bullet drop of this rifle. :shoot:

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

Attachments

• 6-24x50 PST MOA 1.jpg
    6-24x50 PST MOA 1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2,143
  • 6-24x50 PST MOA 2.jpg
    6-24x50 PST MOA 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,134
  • 6-24x50 PST MOA 3.jpg
    6-24x50 PST MOA 3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2,197

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sweet! Give us a range report....I have the older 6-20x44 Viper mildot.

MadDawg51

I certainly hope you have responded with an appropriate gift going the other way.:D Congratulations on both the gift and the anniversary.

Nice scope.

jonsey

Nice rig. I notice the target trigger, target action, and the right bolt/left ejection. What caliber?

Gentleman4561

sweeeet thats gonna be a shooter for sure

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nice rig. I notice the target trigger, target action, and the right bolt/left ejection. What caliber?

6mm Norma BR. using Berger 105 gr. VLDs, Varget & CCI4 primers. I shot 5 shots at 400 yds. for my drop chart which measured 3 1/4" with 3 of them measuring 1 1/4".

gt40

jonsey

I like the all of the 6mm's. I'd really like to build a rifle around one of those actions but they are still really expensive. That left port is just to cool.

Brassman

Awesome gun & scope. Why the left side ejection? How does that aid in the placement of the shots? Thanks.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Awesome gun & scope. Why the left side ejection? How does that aid in the placement of the shots? Thanks.

You load it from the left and it ejects from the right. It helps you load faster before the wind changes.

Actually you can load it from either side, but only ejects on the right.

gt40

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just got notified that Fed-x should deliver my custom turret on August 24. :clap: Will try it out next weekend. Then I will give a report.

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
By the way I am one of the lucky ones that got a 6-24x50mm FFP MOA PST. I do not have any problem with the turret stiffness on my scope. My buddy tried to get them to turn by rubbing the side of his hand on both turrets and couldn't get them to turn. I have only looked through it and zoomed it in and out and mounted it on my rifle. I did the drop chart before I got the PST and ordered a custom turret from Vortex which is supposed to be delivered to me this Tuesday. I am planning to test the turret & scope out this coming weekend. I hope I will be able to hold dead on at all the ranges out to 400 yds. even though the turret will adjust out to 625 yds. I do not have a place to shoot farther yet. I am shooting a 6mm Norma BR. with Berger 105 gr. VLDs so 400 yds is probably my limit for killing antelope in Wyoming this fall.

Oh before I forget. I bought two Butler Creek flip open lens covers and the two sizes that fit are #14 for the eye and #43 for the objective. This is for the 6-24x50mm PST. I do not know about the other size scopes. There is a 3/32" space between the Butler Creek and the barrel.

This morning I replaced the factory turret with the custom. The range starts at 200 yds. which is my zero and goes to 600 yds. with one revolution and goes to 900 yds with a second revolution. This is calculated to my trajectory and would be different with a different drop chart. I am planning on testing it out this weekend at my hunting camp.

gt40

mikee0719

Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----! Nice rifle, she is a keeper!

GLOCKRUS

Shes a cutie ... Keep her! Your lucky you have a good wife. My wife would've shot me with it... J/K..LOL. Enjoy man!! Let us know about the range stats on it.