Looking for a Bass Club or Pot Tournament Trail..

Cypress94

I'm new to the Middle Georgia area and really miss competitive bass fishing. Unfortunatley work and home life cuts into my available time. I live in Gray, and would love to find a local club or maybe get a pot tournament trail going. Here's the kicker: I thought, why not a trail for boats under 50 hp. We can still fish the big water, but my little 40 hp Tracker can't keep up with the big boys. Now I know that there are some guys or gals out there with a boat like mine that love to compete, so why not? We could put together a trail and keep entry fees reasonable ($50 or so). Enough to pay for the trip. A working man (or woman's) trail. I would love to fish B.A.S.S. tournaments again, but I love to deer hunt in the fall. So maybe this could be a 7 month deal or so. Let me know if anyone is interested. :)

mike bell

Poor mans fishing club :bounce:

I have a Fisher 15ft. with a Yamaha 25 on it. And Id like to find a club for us normal fishermen. Plan on going up to Clarks Hill more then once this year. Maybe even the Savanna River some

grayhill

west georgia bass club....

I fish west georgia bass club, and our entry fees are only 50$. We average over 50 boats per tournament. We fish west point, harding,wedowee,martin,eufuala, and logan martin. Our first tournament is next weekend on west point on the 23rd. Check us out @ www.westgeorgiabassclub.com

Cypress94

Hey Mike Bell

Hey man, I'm with ya. Something for the working man. If you know anyone else that is interested, drop me a line. That old competition flame is still burning, that's for sure. :D

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Tghere was a "jonboat trail" running around here a year or two back.

I don't know if it is still active?

Cypress94

Hey man, thanks, but not sure if my boat would qualify for a jonboat trai...17ft. BassTracker w/40 hp. It's just too big to fish on Juliette, but it can't keep up with the big boys. It would be neat to get a class of boats like this together competeing. Kinda like stock car classes. I can't afford a big rig yet, but I like fishing big water. And you can catch just as many bass as a fiberglass rig, but if the bite is up-lake, it's gonna take me all day to get there at my whopping 28m.p.h. I know most guys fish for big money, and I just like to compete...it would be neat to get something like this going. :clap:

Randall

jonboat trails

There are four jonboat trails in Ga.I used to fish larger tournaments in a big boat but after fishing a couple of these and seeing and catching bigger sacks of fish on these trails I couldnt go back to a big lake. You can put lakes like Varner up against any big lake in the Southeast. These are by far the least expensive way to fish tournaments. The trails are well ran by honest people and the fishermen that make up these trails are just as good if not better than fishermen on the big lakes. I would suggest to anyone looking to find a trail that dont take a lot of travel and time to take a look at one of these trails.You can find info on all the trails at www.highvoltagebassanglers.com. Go to the links section for other trails.

Latest posts