Looking for fishing location advice.

D3ni3dAng3l

Evening folks! Myself, boyfriend and my two kiddos are looking for somewhere to spend a nice day or two fishing that has some promise. We’ve been to the Flint (specifically Spewrell Bluff) with absolutely no luck either time. We’ve also been to Dundee Lake in Griffin and Jackson Lake. Dundee is overrun with turtles and the entire time, we basically just fed them. Lol. Jackson Lake, we went to the public pier and the water was so rough from all the boats zipping by. We’ve been to Charlie Elliot once and thoroughly enjoyed the visit and saw a TON of bass but they were sitting on beds and getting them to bite was hard. We’re considering going back up there this weekend. However, I was wondering if any of the more experienced, fishing savvy people would have suggestions on somewhere to try? We’re in Griffin but not opposed to traveling a reasonable distance. I know no good fisherman wants to share his honey-hole but if anyone could just point us in the direction of somewhere to try, for the sake of my kiddos catching their first fish, I’d be forever thankful. God bless!

specialk

Indian Springs and High Falls both have decent bank fishing....parking fee required....City Pond in Barnseville use to have good fishing but permit requied from city.....all are half hour from Griffin....

D3ni3dAng3l

Make a weekend trip up to some of the stocked trout streams.
I have no clue where those are. Trout fishing is one thing I’ve always enjoyed. Used to go all the time with my grandfather in Pennsylvania.
Thank you everyone for your replies! I believe we will give Charlie Elliot another try!

UncleIcy

Don't overlook the spillway near the concrete pier at High Falls. There are some voracious bass in the faster water. Also, the occasional jackfish.