Looking for land or club in the midwest

zmgsvt

Pick an area and start calling landowners. Or go with an outfitter. Any lease with a broker or middleman seems to have gotten ridiculous. We still lease a few pieces in KY and Illinois but each year outfitters look better and better.

talisman

Pick an area and start calling landowners. Or go with an outfitter. Any lease with a broker or middleman seems to have gotten ridiculous. We still lease a few pieces in KY and Illinois but each year outfitters look better and better.
Ive thought about the outfitter idea but i want to be able to go when i want to

Here is one thing to consider about Midwest or wherever hunting. How much time are you willing to invest in traveling to and from. How many times are you going to go ? Are you gonna buy all your stands and leave them up and just come a couple times and go back ? There are pros and cons to both ways lease/club vs outfitter or semi guided. I did a semi guided hunt in Missouri awhile back. We hunted for a week. Brought our own stand side by side etc he showed us different farms he had the lines and where he had seen what. The rest was up to us. I killed a nice 140 inch 9 pointer. You invest alot of time and money doing your own things vs someone who has it all down already. I don’t really wana spend 4 or five different trips up and back. Just to much time involved driving 1000 mile one way hunting trips. It takes a toll on you and it’s hard to get away from work that much.. really depends on your financial situation and time ..