Macon Burger Week

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It’s the first day of Macon burger week where 27 restaurants and bars compete for the most and best burgers in Macon. I’m on burger number 2 for me at The Library Taphouse and Kitchen after lunch at the Grey Goose. Both burgers have been great! If y’all are in middle Georgia this week, check out the website for Macon burger week and try one. Mrs. Wendy and I always enjoy getting to visit a place we wouldn’t go otherwise.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Man, I'm slap worn out full now and need to take a nap!
This was my first trip to The Library across from Mercer University and I was pleasantly surprised. I figured it would be full of rowdy Mercer students but the early crowd is all people my age in their 50's and older. They had about 50 taps behind the bar with all sorts of beers. The younger crowd started showing up about the time we were leaving.
The food and atmosphere were good so we'll be going there again.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
so I guess we know who's burger your going to vote for.........Wendy's :rofl:
:LOL:
The challenge this week is trying to decide which places to go with 27 to choose from. If you get a stamp from 5 of them and turn it in, it makes you eligible to win some prizes from the Georgia beef board here in Macon. Other than yard work, I ain't got nothing better to do going on so I should be able to get 5 easy.

Stroker

It’s the first day of Macon burger week where 27 restaurants and bars compete for the most and best burgers in Macon. I’m on burger number 2 for me at The Library Taphouse and Kitchen after lunch at the Grey Goose. Both burgers have been great! If y’all are in middle Georgia this week, check out the website for Macon burger week and try one. Mrs. Wendy and I always enjoy getting to visit a place we wouldn’t go otherwise.
We're GG regulars and the Goose burger is my favorite standard burger in Macon. What is their entry this year? Rookery also has good burgers, but we avoid it because of the parking issues. Pass by the Taphouse a good bit but have passed it up due to expectations of the younger crowd. Looks like I may have to give it a try. 5 Guys is good but pricey, I go for the fries.

HermanMerman

A quick google search has me interested in the two offerings below. Please sample each and report back your findings.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.png
    IMG_0153.png
    299 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0152.png
    IMG_0152.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 18

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
We're GG regulars and the Goose burger is my favorite standard burger in Macon. What is their entry this year? Rookery also has good burgers, but we avoid it because of the parking issues. Pass by the Taphouse a good bit but have passed it up due to expectations of the younger crowd. Looks like I may have to give it a try. 5 Guys is good but pricey, I go for the fries.
The Goose this year has the gooseburger with a habanero bacon jam with pimento and cheese and a fried green tomato. It was good. Mrs. Wendy and I are semi-regulars there too. We try to visit a few times a month.