Making gumbo quick question?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hello y'all!!!
Hey I got some raw shrimp and a pack of smoked sausage and a box of Tony Checkers Gumbo mix.
Do I precook the shrimp before making the gumbo? Do I add precooked shrimp to the mix when starting the gumbo?
Or do I add raw shrimp when I start the gumbo mix and cooking everything at once is enough cooking for the shrimp?
Thanks for any help. I would've asked on the serious question section but I need to know in the next 30 minutes and I know the most folks are on this section. Thanks!!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Sorry I'm late but cook everything..BUT the shrimp at once...just before it's done add the shrimp (last 3-5 mins.)

sea trout

Oh wow ok!!! Thanks!
Yeah I'm not the champion shrimp cooker but I know they easy to over cook!!!

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
He’s right shrimp cook fast and will continue to cook till it cools basically just as an egg does.

Dr. Strangelove

Way too late, but the shrimp only need about three minutes of boiling. Make the boxed mix according to the directions, put the sausage in once it's all mixed and simmering, add the shrimp in the last three minutes of whatever time frame the box says.

sea trout

Yeah it turned out unbeleivably awesome!!! Best shrimp I've ever cooked my self by far!!! They turned out just right!! I've cooked shrimp a few times in the past and always overdone them trying to be safe and they were always rubbery.
Did what y'all said and the wild carolina shrimp from ingles were fantastic!!! The whole pot of everything was fantastic.
Thanks y'all!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I've had them in a Filipino recipe where they cooked/marinated in a vinegar/lemon-tangy based sauce raw.........basically pickled. They were delicious.