Mama`s Pork Roast

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mama used to make a pork roast when I was a youngun and that thing was good to me. She didn`t have a recipe for it and I never thought t ask how she cooked it. Every time I tried it, something was missing. After a lot of trial and error, I finally figured it out. The missing ingredient was Kitchen Bouquet.

Little salt, lot of black pepper, just enough garlic to make you mad, then brown it in a frying pan. Then give it a good wipedown with Kitchen Bouquet, put just barely enough water in the bottom of a slow roaster to cover the bottom, lay a couple of bay leaves in the bottom, and set that roast on top of em. Then set back and let it cook all day. She did hers in a roasting pan in the oven ad I did too until I figured it was just as good in a slow roaster. Give it a try. Mighty good with home grown purplehull peas, chow chow or @Keebs pear relish, rice, pickled okry, and biscuits. Leftovers are just as good if not better.

There might be more pictures to follow later. Since I`m on house arrest till next week, I might as well cook when not fly tying.

P1060267.JPG

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Rut-Row "house arrest " , buy one too many guns there Nic ??

Roast looks really good, thanks for sharing the secret info..

Got to mind my Ps and Qs and behave for 7 days till this new lens they put in my right eye gets set. Can`t let dust get in it. Had cataract surgery day before yesterday. Got to do the same thing with the left eye week after next.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Got to mind my Ps and Qs and behave for 7 days till this new lens they put in my right eye gets set. Can`t let dust get in it. Had cataract surgery day before yesterday. Got to do the same thing with the left eye week after next.

Seeing how's your blind in one eye and can't see out the other, you sure that ain't The Redhead's cat ??

Looks good bro !! :LOL:

AceOfTheBase

Had both mine done in 2012, but didn't have to behave like that -
worse - had to do eye Calisthenics to retrain the focus muscles for a couple weeks.
Really not into paper word games..
Results were good however, can focus near and far OK.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Never heard of Kitchen Bouquet, had to Google it. Next time I'm at the grocery store going to pick some up. Thanks Nic!

It`s good stuff. Remember though, especially when using it in gravy-a little bit goes a long way, and you can always add more, but once it`s in the pan, you ain`t getting it out.

Volume of it is not so important when you`re using it to baste on meat.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We use kitchen bouquet in sauces and to add flavor to roasts of all kinds.

Looks great Nic!