Mauser questions

adamhall2942

Ok guys, ive got a yugo m48 mauser, had it matched up with a er shaw stainless barrel blank, match chambered .308, got a fajen ultra varminter stock on it. this gun is coming along extremely nicely, alot of money has been spent and i love the rifle. right now its with roy king, who might i add is the best gunsmith around. awesome work and extremely good rates. Roy is finishing it up having bolt forged, drilled and tapped for leupold mounts.
My qurstion is, i had in mind to make it accept a detachable magazine, rather than have a fixed floor plate. does anyone know of a good one to go with or where the heck to find a kit for that matter? also im looking to tinker in some match shooting, any scopes yall would recommend? like to stay under 1500 for scope if possible.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have several detachable mauser mags that I got from numrich gun parts.

Numerich has a 20 round detachable for large ring 98's
yugo's may have slight variations in the magwell, but they should fit . But they are for 8mm and the 308 would be too short.

Patchpusher

I am pretty sure the hole spacing on the Yugo is different from a 98 Mauser. So. the stocks and the bottom metal won't work.

adamhall2942

Youre exactly right patch pusher, given a m98 ive found a ton of detachablr mags but not for mine, i know theres gotta be something out there. my gunsmith says he can make me a system but for cost wise if i could find something manufactured it would be alot cheaper. its gonna be a bench shooting rifle though. would be fine as it is. just wanted the mag for the looks to be honest

adamhall2942

Anyone wanna do me a huge favor and let me email the a few pics of the gun. I just picked it up the other day from havin it all put together. And them post em in the thread, my computer is on the fritz and it wont let me upload em from my iphone