Meat run

Hillbilly stalker

Me and my buddy went in our annual WMA meat run to the swamp. Man they was acorns everywhere, makes it hard to pin them down. It was my buddies time to shine I reckon…he killed this big old boar trying to sneak back into a cut over. I don’t know what the rascal weighed…but he was a heavy old warrior. I grabbed his tail to spin him around a little. He didn’t budge but his tail started popping. He had busted ivories and a real thick shield. Next morning we went to a little ridge I had scouted that was plowed up with hog sign. We split up, I went left deep and my buddy stayed closer and swung to the right. Directly I heard them squeal, when I hear them I go to them quick. I heard them start toward my buddy, I knew what was coming. He popped him a spotted one and the rest of the sounder spun around and ran back where they came from…toward me. Man they was at least 20 hogs of all sizes scooting thru there. I filled my scope full of black hog and rolled one. We tracked mine for around 125 yards or so, he bled real sparsely and we lost his sign in a big cane thicket. My buddy had that ol Jam-a-matic smoking in the swamp. We had a good trip. You see how thick the shield is against the Havalon knife blade. That 180 grain core lockt is bad bad hog medicine.A313C364-5752-4759-AC41-55E089A713B9.jpegDD012458-2D06-4345-9B05-5D3F0A167D99.jpegABBA65F8-9E1F-4A68-A571-3F34550EA841.jpeg

HogKillaDNR

Choot em all, nice meat run Son' keep up the good work.