Mega beaver

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I climbed a beaver tree by a lake once.
It was too big to hang, impossible to drop and dead as a doornail.
Climbed the last ten feet not knowing if I’d survive or not.
They’ll cut into a sweetgum and kill it bout as often as they swim.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Shot at one with my bow years ago ... Missed it, Joker slapped its tail on the water then turned around and bit my arrow into! ?
Buddy of mine shot one with his bowfishing rig long time ago. Said it didn't take long at all for him to figure out that was a really bad idea! :bounce:

Gbr5pb

Got to go help my BIL try to get rid of a few above the lake at his place in the morning! Trapper came in and caught 2 but still a problem! He getting ready to sell and wants to drain lake.

oldguy

Got to go help my BIL try to get rid of a few above the lake at his place in the morning! Trapper came in and caught 2 but still a problem! He getting ready to sell and wants to drain lake.
Drain that pond, might see sumpin' he don't wanta' see, if 'em beavers have been tunneling into the dam!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Buddy of mine had beavers dam up a creek on his property between deer and turkey season a few years back. He put a jug of tannerite in it and lit her up with his 30-06. Heard the boom from my house.

Next morning they had the dam built back, now he has a fine fish pond whether he wanted one or not.

Wayne D Davis

Buddy of mine had beavers dam up a creek on his property between deer and turkey season a few years back. He put a jug of tannerite in it and lit her up with his 30-06. Heard the boom from my house.

Next morning they had the dam built back, now he has a fine fish pond whether he wanted one or not.
:LOL:

Hillbilly stalker

Best way to get rid if them. Wait for a new moon or full....bust their dam and sit there with some OO buck and wait for the repair crew.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Good advice Hillbilly if I ever had the need to do so. Probably would wait for a full moon and wait em out with a .22 Hornet.

On our property in GA we have what we called a spring run that ran out to a small river. Several years back beavers started damming it up and now we have 3 separate ponds in maybe a 300 yard stretch. Some really good shellcracker, stumpknocker, and flier bream fishing in their now.

oldguy

Best way to get rid if them. Wait for a new moon or full....bust their dam and sit there with some OO buck and wait for the repair crew.
My "best way" is to let the Conibears, MB-750s, and snares wait for the repair crew while I'm at home snug in my bed. They'll be right there waiting in the morning.