Merry Christmas

Anvil Head

Hope everyone has a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

godogs57

Merry Christmas Carl....have a great 2019. Just set a personal record for Christmas knives shipped.....26. I won't do that again ever.

wvdawg

Staff member
Merry Christmas all.

Anvil Head

Yeah I hear yah. Gonna start cutting them off first of October next year.......(famous last words).

Anvil Head

Sounds good anyway.

godogs57

Sounds good anyway.

My most trying time at Christmas came about 6-7 years ago when a lady in my church came to me and told me she wanted a knife for her husband...at the Christmas Eve service! I was sold out/delivered out, etc and explained it to her. She didn't blink an eye...."You don't understand....I want my husband to have one of your knives...". I then explained to her "you don't understand...I have over 20 or so hours in each knife...it would be physically impossible to produce a knife for you with Christmas arriving in, what, 12 hours?". "I need a knife for my husband Hank...I'll pay you what you want, but I need that knife."

I ended up selling her one of my personal knives that was pretty new (looked brand new after prettying it back up that night). No....didn't take advantage of the situation...charged her the going rate for that knife and no more. It was Christmas after all.

October sounds like a good cut-off date for 2019 Carl.....

Anvil Head

You've got a soft heart, never a bad thing. I always wonder in the backyard of my mind just how great this "need" is when someone waits until Christmas Eve. (especially when they have no concern that I might want to spend quality time with my loved ones on Christmas Eve). Guess I'm a bit calloused and selfish like that.