Migration Time!

gunnurse

My hummingbird population at the feeders went from about six to thirty overnight. Last night was the first night to get below 60 here. Bye, guys!

Attachments

• C33E72D4-45C6-4BF7-B54D-914E2A2892B4.jpeg
    C33E72D4-45C6-4BF7-B54D-914E2A2892B4.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 50
  • ED21F917-8B85-4178-BD5E-C92763FD6D58.jpeg
    ED21F917-8B85-4178-BD5E-C92763FD6D58.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 47

Whitefeather

Management Material
Yep here too. Had 3 or 4 all summer until about 6 weeks ago and then had 12-14. About 5 days ago it went to 0. I emptied and cleaned it and put back out now I’m back to 2.

SinclairDAWG71

I have two feeders I fill them up every two days. This has been the best year for numbers of birds. I set and watch guessing 15 to 20 daily. Boogers are to fast to get a count. A month back had to refill everyday for a week. Have went thru 20lbs of sugar the last two months.

Hillbilly stalker

Anyway to keep the yellow jackets off the feeder ? I love watching them little birds of an evening.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Anyway to keep the yellow jackets off the feeder ? I love watching them little birds of an evening.

kill the yellow jackets

There was a thread about how on here a year or more ago. It involved using chicken and a chemical used to treat dogs for ticks and fleas.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I have two feeders I fill them up every two days. This has been the best year for numbers of birds. I set and watch guessing 15 to 20 daily. Boogers are to fast to get a count. A month back had to refill everyday for a week. Have went thru 20lbs of sugar the last two months.
Take a picture of them, count ‘em up.

ucfireman

I was seeing numerous about a week or two ago.
Slowed way down, still a few but not many.
Guess they know its fall, even if the temps are still summer.

gunnurse

BTW- That device hanging by the nectar feeder is a protein feeder. Cut narrow slots in a plastic jar, glue a plastic plate to the bottom, and hang it beside your feeder. Put banana peels in the feeder. Fruit flies come to the banana peels, and the hummingbirds eat them. Yummy, huh?

Redbow

We were filling 2 feeders about every 2 days or so until about a week ago. Some of the little buggers have left already not seeing but 1 or 2 here now. I will keep the feeders up because the Rufus Hummers will be here for the fall and winter months with cooler weather.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
We haven`t seen any in about 2 weeks now. I reckon ours have migrated.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I had several zooming the feeder a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen any in over a week now. I'm in Oklahoma, so your mileage may vary....

DannyW

I don't know if he/she was early or late migrating, but you could have made a funny video of me catching one with a fish net in my garage last week. Spent 45 minutes chasing it around the garage before getting it in my net.

They are slippery,