Migratory birds

across the river

I’ve seen all of the above, as well as some grebes, loons, water turkeys, and a few ducks here and there. No real huge numbers of anything yet though.

Fletch_W

Banned
Doves are all over SE Gwinnett. And have been for a couple of weeks. As the Dove flies, I'm really close to the Walton WMA, I'd bet there's lots of doves there right now.

coachdoug87

I have seen doves and woodcock, but I am not sure how many are resident and how many are migratory. Pretty sure some of the woodcock have to be migratory because there are a good many of them. I have always assumed the stronger flyers are resident, but that might be wrong

spring

Migratory dove are now in SW Georgia; watched a field this past Sunday and it was looking good. There was a shoot going on at the same time on a neighbor’s property.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Migratory dove are now in SW Georgia; watched a field this past Sunday and it was looking good. There was a shoot going on at the same time on a neighbor’s property.

Yea, we have a few coming in. A fair amount of blackbirds, a few robins and that`s it around here. I don`t put any faith in sandhill cranes, since a good many stay and raise broods in Florida.

I`ve seen fewer harriers this year than I can ever remember though.

spring

Yea, we have a few coming in. A fair amount of blackbirds, a few robins and that`s it around here. I don`t put any faith in sandhill cranes, since a good many stay and raise broods in Florida.

I`ve seen fewer harriers this year than I can ever remember though.

Ideally, as you know, when you have birds, you quickly plan your shoot. Nothing like getting a call asking if you can be there today or tomorrow... I've thought about having a shoot this week but it's been busy with that work stuff. Hopefully the birds are still around so we can get soon get after them. Need to check them again....::;