Mini fridge

Baroque Brass

My wife wants a mini fridge for her office but I don’t know if they have to be manually defrosted, which could be a problem. She doesn’t need a freezer section, just the fridge. Anybody got experience with this? Thanks.

Anvil Head

Think I saw one with out a freezer, but they are rare.
Mine is old school (in my shop) and I have to tote it outside every once in awhile to defrost - bit of a pain.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I`ve had one in my barn for years now and it`s never needed to be defrosted.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My wife wants a mini fridge for her office but I don’t know if they have to be manually defrosted, which could be a problem. She doesn’t need a freezer section, just the fridge. Anybody got experience with this? Thanks.

Yeah I had a small frost free in my office, bought at Costco. Kept lunch salads and drinks cold during biz hours. Kept brewskis cold for after hours.

Baroque Brass

Think I saw one with out a freezer, but they are rare.
Mine is old school (in my shop) and I have to tote it outside every once in awhile to defrost - bit of a pain.
And that’s the problem, she’s on the third floor and I’d have to do it for her, probably on a weekend. We’d have to have frost free.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Been using a mini-fridge for a while. When I defrost it, I just unplug it and put a few towels in there to soak up all the water; I never move it.

Dr. Strangelove

I have two in my office and both build up ice around the cooling coils after time. Both have a little freezer section that will fit three or four frozen dinners. I grab a hand truck and roll mine out on the dock once a year or so when they need defrosted.

I do also have a tiny one with no freezer that is 120v/12v that holds six 12oz cans or 4 12oz cans and something small like a sandwich. It's more of a cooler though, it won't get down really cold temps.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Don't know if it's an option or not, but I saw a 'use it as a fridge or freezer unit at Home Depot. It's not as small as the waist high dorm units but about half the size as a house fridge