Miracles of Castor oil??

dslc6487

As a child, my mom would give me castor oil each year about a week before summer ended when getting ready to go back to school. It was to clean me out, she would say. One thing for sure, it gave me the "green apple shuffle trots" and did a good job of cleaning me out..........

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
My wife has started using it topically for her arthritis & back pain. She says she feels instant relief when it’s being rubbed on.
Might have to try it myself, does she put it on in the morning, evening or more than once a day??

Geffellz18

My wife uses it as well. I had a persistent "stinger" type pain in my left shoulder/trapezius area a couple of weeks ago. She rubbed some on it and it got better within minutes.
I’ve been having a very similar pain for over a month-Going to give it a shot myself. I just don’t like having lotions, oils, etc. on me!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’ve been having a very similar pain for over a month-Going to give it a shot myself. I just don’t like having lotions, oils, etc. on me!
It puts the lotion on it’s skin.
:bounce:

westcobbdog

Was going to find an Orthopedist to give me a cortisone shot in my left hip, as just today I had to end a gun hunt before it started having to turn back to my vehicle after walking a few hundred yards due to wicked pain, I think in the hip flexor. Gonna find some Castor Oil tomorrow. 4 Advil combined with the topical Hemp cream dont really touch the pain.

Stroker

Bought a used racing go cart from older neighbor when I was about 10 or 12. Simplex frame with slicks and two McCougalh chain saw engines on back. The recommended mix was castor oil and American white gas. That thang would fly, but smoked like a freight train. My daddy slipped up behind me in his car. Clocked me 70+ going down Love Street in Austell. Didn't get a whipping but it got parked for a few weeks. I terrorized Austell with that thing. Gonna try some for mine and wife's back and arthritis problems.

buckmanmike

Stroker, that reminds me of a childhood friend of mine. His dad was in the pulpwood business. They fabed up a go cart with a chain saw engine. You had to push it to get it started, but that thing would fly reved up. We used to drive it on 1/4 mile dirt track at the high school.

Dub

I take a prescription anti-inflammatory med twice a day to combat arthritis.

It helps, for certain. Prior to starting it I was eating way too many Advil every day. It doesn't work as good as the heavy doses of Advil, however it's not as dangerous.

Been trying to find something to add that will help. Even gave the "Relief Factor" stuff a try. Minimal benefit, probably just placebo effect. Too costly to continue for such minimal gains......for me, at least.

A buddy at work has been after me to give turmeric a try. He swears by it.

Grabbed a bottle of this a week ago. Taking twice a day and can feel an improvement in knees & shoulders....not so much in my hands.

tempImagenr6lHv.png

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

I used it when I suffered from tendonitis from fishing to much. :biggrin2: I soaked a cotton ball, put it on my elbow and wrapped it with saran wrap and slept with it on. Cut the toe off a sock and slid it up over it. It sure helped a bunch.

Growing up, old folks would threaten to give it to you or coal oil. I don't know if it cured anything....but it would keep you from whining about the small stuff.

Baroque Brass

I use it in my truck, 10w40 works good. Oh wait, different stuff.