Monday Night Triple Tail

ryork

This triple tail has become my go to staple. Tonight pan seared some filets. Served it over some freshly picked braised collards. Topped off with some mirliton (chayote squash or alligator pear) relish and fried mirliton strips and some alpha gal safe version of a magnolia sauce. The sauce is toasted creole seasoning combined with catsup, a little chicken stock, a few drops of crab oil, a little w’shire, a squeeze of lemon and some molasses all cooked down.

23105582-E15B-49E9-ABF0-02218F910308.jpeg7F471911-2ED1-4B48-A6BD-1846EA0A9E0D.jpegBD1FFC97-1084-4530-9771-1B145BA9D4F4.jpeg508C5797-1FAF-43F5-B2E9-0EFC3B94058A.jpeg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
This triple tail has become my go to staple. Tonight pan seared some filets. Served it over some freshly picked braised collards. Topped off with some mirliton (chayote squash or alligator pear) relish and fried mirliton strips and some alpha gal safe version of a magnolia sauce. The sauce is toasted creole seasoning combined with catsup, a little chicken stock, a few drops of crab oil, a little w’shire, a squeeze of lemon and some molasses all cooked down.

View attachment 1188519View attachment 1188520View attachment 1188521View attachment 1188523
Had to be delicious!!!

MOTS

Looks great as usual! You probably have done said, and I didn't see it, does venison have the same reaction as beef with the Alpha Gal?

marlin

Just how far do you live from south ga? I could become an annoying neighbor if you cook like that on a regular basis.

DannyW

View attachment 1188519View attachment 1188520View attachment 1188521View attachment 1188523
Looks great!

Here is how Wikipedia describes the taste of tripletail (emphasis is theirs):

The tripletail is extraordinary compared to other eating saltwater fish. At the end of the day, the prize won’t end once you carry a tripletail to your vessel.

DannyW

Hmmm...I copied that from a Wikipedia article and apparently it was a link to a site called Off Fishing?

How do I kill the linking property without erasing the post? Doesn't seem to be any naughty words on the website but I would still like to kill the link.