Monster bear from eastern NC

ghadarits

Wow I didn’t know that they got that big.

Reactions: Dub

NCMTNHunter

Bear hunting NC’s coast is one of those things that you just can’t believe how good it is unless you see it for yourself. We hunted a piece of public ground down there for about 10 years and even on the second or third trip it felt too good to be true. Like we were hunting somewhere that we weren’t supposed to be. The first year when we called in our kills and the biologist came out to weigh and pull teeth I was nervous that they were going to tell us that we were on some kind of sanctuary or park.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bear hunting NC’s coast is one of those things that you just can’t believe how good it is unless you see it for yourself. We hunted a piece of public ground down there for about 10 years and even on the second or third trip it felt too good to be true. Like we were hunting somewhere that we weren’t supposed to be. The first year when we called in our kills and the biologist came out to weigh and pull teeth I was nervous that they were going to tell us that we were on some kind of sanctuary or park.
My Dad and uncle used to drive all the way down there to the Croatan to hunt back before interstate highways. That would have been a trip then.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Eastern NC holds the largest black bears on the planet. Corn and soy fed and with a warmer climate they feed almost year round. It's nothing to see 500 and 600 lbers out there in the fields. Several at a time.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wholly Molly that is a Big Bruin! I’ve only seen 2 bears in the wild, maybe 150-200# max. Man that is one Beautiful Creature!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Wowza!

specialk

stayed in nags head a few yrs ago, on the ride from VA to there i kept seeing large black things out in the middle of these huge green ag fields....pulled over to get a better look and saw it was bears....musta been 5 or 6 seen on the way down....leaving there to come back to GA we ran up on stopped traffic, seems a mama and some cubs were crossing the 2 lane road we were on....never knew there were bears down near the coast....