First bear of the year

brandonsc

Saturday September 30 was the craziest day of hunting I’ve ever had in my life. With the full moon I knew the deer wouldn’t move till late morning. About 945 I had a doe come slipping through and I took the shot about 15 yards. I knew the exit was a little further back than I wanted, but I was 99% sure I heard her crash. Gave her an hour and climbed down and started easing the way she went. I ended up walking past her and then I spotted a bear walking around 100 yards below me on the ridge. I slowly eased down towards where I saw that bear. Never saw it again. I turned around and started walking back up the ridge to look for the doe again. I hear something walking around and spot another bear walking up the ridge where I thought my doe would be. I stalked up to about 60 yards and couldn’t move any closer without being caught. What I thought was 1 bear turned out to be 2 bears. They both were standing up scratching around on the tree. I slowly made my way towards them using trees for cover. I realized the one bear was eating something. Then I realized the bears had found my doe and claimed it for lunch. I had both bear with in 60 yards for 2 hours. I finally got up to about 30 yards from the bears and had 1 good shooting lane. The bear I harvested finally turned broadside and as I was about to shoot she laid down to chew on the deer. About after 15 minutes she stood up and I finally got a shot. It was a very long day with a lot of work, but the deer and bear and both in coolers waiting to be processed this week. Previous Saturday I lost a really good bear, tried everything I could to find him, but in hunting sometimes you lose animals. It was definitely a redemption day for me and a day I’ll never forget.

image000000.jpegIMG_8615.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Congratulations