Bear Feeding?

BigBass123

Yesterday while trout fishing in the Cohuttas, I was walking a ridge line to switch creeks. In the bottom below me, I heard something moving around in a laurel thicket about 75 yards or so below me in a flat.

Stopped to listen for 10-15 minutes. Whatever it was would take a couple of steps, stop, then you’d hear almost like a sucking sound, then it would move again.

Opposite side of the ridge where I had been fishing had deer and bear sign. This definitely wasn’t a deer with the way it moved.

Will bears make that sucking sound while eating? Hog was my other thought but it wasn’t making all the other noises I tend to hear with feeding hogs, also didn’t see hog sign in the area.

whitetailfreak

Not sure about the sucking sound but bears have been on the move the last few weeks around here. Did you catch any fish?

NCMTNHunter

They can be loud depending on what they are eating. And they are out and about again. I was taking my daughter to a basketball tournament yesterday morning and saw a roadkill deer in the road and a big roadkill bear off the side of the road. Looked all involved had a bad night Saturday night.